Sign in to follow this  
marco

water in pump oil?

Question

I just did an oil change on my machine and when I cahanged my pump oil it was kinda foamy.Is it water in my pump oil or something else.Thank you in advance!

8 answers to this question

I just read the reason you are supposed to use non detergent is to reduce water, so I guess the non detergent really is that important...

Also you may be using cheap oil.

Other than those two things...your power washing pump might be in trouble...? Here's another possibility on that side of things: http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/residential-pressure-washing/8451-how-fix-pressure-washer-pump-water-pump-oil.html

I believe the caps are vented, so I personally wouldn't worry to much about it. I try not to worry to much, head in the sand approach.

This what has happened to mine in the past when left in a humid garage with a swamp cooler in it.

Had you run the machine right before the oil change? Oil will froth some (even non-detergent), but should clarify after sitting for a little while. If it wasn't "creamy" looking, then it's doubtful it contained any water.

As Russ said most types of oil will foam to some degree. Detergent oil has a tendancy to foam more. If it isn't milky it probably doesn't have water in it.