Sign in to follow this  
buckeyepw

How often do you use hot water on residential jobs??????????????????????

Question

Besides cleaning oil spots on driveways how often do you use hot water on residential jobs?

Using cleaner I basically never use unless its really moldy on paver/concrete. Thanks for any responses, Pat

36 answers to this question

Not sure of the reluctance to use hot water here.

As water is heated, it increases it's solvency and makes the cleaners work better, rinse faster and the results easier to obtain.

We use 115* max on vinyl homes, and 150* max on aluminum depending upon what is being removed.

Of course, we don't use High pressure either on homes. Just the soaps, brush work and thorough rinsing.

In colder weather, we use warm water to wash wood with in order to help the chemicals do their job better.

You folks may want to reconsider your position on heated water.

Rod!~

Edited by Beth n Rod

Hardly ever need hot water on homes or any vertical surfaces for that matter in residential. You can get anything clean with cold water and chems, Hot water is great for grease and gum which doesn't exist much on homes.

Those oil spots can be chemically treated and cold water will work. it might take longer to achieve the same results but can be done.

Besides cleaning oil spots on driveways how often do you use hot water on residential jobs?

Using cleaner I basically never use unless its really moldy on paver/concrete. Thanks for any responses, Pat

We very rarely use hot water on residential since we chemical most anything. But on some occasions we do use heat on real dirty and oily concrete and on some brick pavers from time to time.

Ron,

When did you get into residential work? LOL

Look folks, hot water is the best for mixing chems, hands down. When you want to get soaps to foam up in your kitchen sink, do you use hot or cold water? Have you tried both? What do you wash your clothes with? Is it a warm wash and a cold rinse?

Did you know that even the temps Rod mentioned will cool somewhat when traveling from the gun to the house? Cooler still when they hit the surface?

Beth

Edited by Beth n Rod

Ron,

When did you get into residential work? LOL

Look folks, hot water is the best for mixing chems, hands down. When you want to get soaps to foam up in your kitchen sink, do you use hot or cold water? Have you tried both? What do you wash your clothes with? Is it a warm wash and a cold rinse?

Did you know that even the temps Rod mentioned will cool somewhat when traveling from the gun to the house? Cooler still when they hit the surface?

Beth

Every Client I have houses are 5 million plus, wash around 75 free every christmas and weddings. People who own shopping centers and sky scrappers have massive houses.

Plus you know that for Christmas I wash every friends house I know. ( you have heard that story)

I Agree with everything you say, hot water if better and chems will be more effective. I think I said it will be more difficult but can be accomplished with Cold water.

I might actually was more homes than most, if new construction comes back I washed tracks upwards of 400 homes a track. (NO CHEMS) Baking SODA maybe for overspray paint and rubber mallet.

Edited by Ron Musgraves

I was wondering when washing gutters if hot water would work better in the winter because f13 dosn't seem to work to good below 55 temps

Edited by dave mac

Not sure of the reluctance to use hot water here.

As water is heated, it increases it's solvency and makes the cleaners work better, rinse faster and the results easier to obtain.

We use 115* max on vinyl homes, and 150* max on aluminum depending upon what is being removed.

Of course, we don't use High pressure either on homes. Just the soaps, brush work and thorough rinsing.

In colder weather, we use warm water to wash wood with in order to help the chemicals do their job better.

You folks may want to reconsider your position on heated water.

Rod!~

HELLO!!!!!!!!!! That's what I'm talking about!!!!!!! Doing it now for 5 years. We not only wash with hot water we also.........MARKET IT!!!!!!!

I was wondering when washing gutters if hot water would work better in the winter because f13 dosn't seem to work to good abouve 55 temps

Absolutely!!!!!! Heat the gutters up and brush real fast, works every time.

Edited by Guy B

I have hot water but there is no way to figure out the temperature . I just have a switch I hit and it runs off of diesel fuel

What can I do to know the temp.?

I have hot water but there is no way to figure out the temperature . I just have a switch I hit and it runs off of diesel fuel

What can I do to know the temp.?

UUUMMMM put in a thermostat?????

Absolutely!!!!!! Heat the gutters up and brush real fast, works every time.

Guy thanks for the feedback, glad you understood what i was thinking even if i typed wrong ha ha

I cant wait to get my next trailer finished, this one has a hot box! I'll use it on everything! What cleans better hot or cold water!!! I'll also market it too! Great thread guys.

You do not need heat for residential work. Spend your money on bigger gal. Flow machines and you will go a lot faster.

Brian, it's not about "Need" it's marketing, cleaning faster & better (IMO) more than 8 gpm machines means hauling water or hydrant meters. Although your higher gpm machines may wash faster, a 2500 sq ft. (Inside footage) home takes about 45 mins. start to finish with our set ups. Plus you "Northerners" don't have near the mold and mildew we have here in the South. Hahahahaha!!!!!!!

We did 4 of these buildings (2 breezeways per building) in 6 hrs. 4 guys and 2 machines.

.post-6071-137772384784_thumb.jpg

Hey Ron,

I've been intrigued by your comment below. Please explain more about the use and purpose of baking soda. Are you talking about soda blasting for paint removal or using soda as a washing detergent?

Every Client I have houses are 5 million plus, wash around 75 free every christmas and weddings. People who own shopping centers and sky scrappers have massive houses.

Plus you know that for Christmas I wash every friends house I know. ( you have heard that story)

I Agree with everything you say, hot water if better and chems will be more effective. I think I said it will be more difficult but can be accomplished with Cold water.

I might actually was more homes than most, if new construction comes back I washed tracks upwards of 400 homes a track. (NO CHEMS) Baking SODA maybe for overspray paint and rubber mallet.

In new construction Baking soda will remove over spray on Interior and some exterior paints. That over spray on the garage floor near the base. No pressure needed, garden hose might remove it. Back patios might work depending on the products they used exterior, if the paint is fairly new it will come off easy. (usually) give it a try in New construction

Hey Ron,

I've been intrigued by your comment below. Please explain more about the use and purpose of baking soda. Are you talking about soda blasting for paint removal or using soda as a washing detergent?

QUOTE]

You need to remember, Ron thinks 65°F is cold.