Sign in to follow this  
buckeyepw

How often do you use hot water on residential jobs??????????????????????

Question

Besides cleaning oil spots on driveways how often do you use hot water on residential jobs?

Using cleaner I basically never use unless its really moldy on paver/concrete. Thanks for any responses, Pat

36 answers to this question

Thanks Ron, that's interesting. Always learning something new from you. Thanks.

In new construction Baking soda will remove over spray on Interior and some exterior paints. That over spray on the garage floor near the base. No pressure needed, garden hose might remove it. Back patios might work depending on the products they used exterior, if the paint is fairly new it will come off easy. (usually) give it a try in New construction

Good looking rigs Guy! You still just washing part time and running two rigs?

Brian, it's not about "Need" it's marketing, cleaning faster & better (IMO) more than 8 gpm machines means hauling water or hydrant meters. Although your higher gpm machines may wash faster, a 2500 sq ft. (Inside footage) home takes about 45 mins. start to finish with our set ups. Plus you "Northerners" don't have near the mold and mildew we have here in the South. Hahahahaha!!!!!!!

We did 4 of these buildings (2 breezeways per building) in 6 hrs. 4 guys and 2 machines.

.[ATTACH=CONFIG]17327[/ATTACH]

Yes we have 10 gal. And 5 gal. Machines on all our trucks and one with 2-10 gal. and 1-5 gal. With residential it is very fast. Water can be a problem at times. We also do a lot of apartments and condo's that we can fly threw very fast. We did 25 good size buildings last week in 4 days with 3 guys and 3 machines. I like it fast and efficient, just ask my wife.

Guy is that 1 man or 2 men in 45 minutes??

Not sure what you mean D-Mac. But we wash all together, 4 men 1 building at a time. About 1.5 hr. per building when I'm pushing them, and I was pushing that day. If we take our time 2 hrs. per building.

Good looking rigs Guy! You still just washing part time and running two rigs?

Full-time for a year now Pat.........And Loving It!!!!!!

Yes we have 10 gal. And 5 gal. Machines on all our trucks and one with 2-10 gal. and 1-5 gal. With residential it is very fast. Water can be a problem at times. We also do a lot of apartments and condo's that we can fly threw very fast. We did 25 good size buildings last week in 4 days with 3 guys and 3 machines. I like it fast and efficient, just ask my wife.

Man That's Some "Fire Power" Brian!!! Do you run 1/2 hose on the 10 gpm machines?

Building a new prototype rig for our res. cleaning. 8 gpm hot skid, 8 gpm cold unit, roof rig, hanging titan reels, all on a 6x12 trailer. Sand blasting the trailer next week.

Not sure what you mean D-Mac. But we wash all together, 4 men 1 building at a time. About 1.5 hr. per building when I'm pushing them, and I was pushing that day. If we take our time 2 hrs. per building.

Guy I was trying to get at how many total man hrs it takes to do a 2500 sq ft house, when you said you do them in 45 mins I was wondering how many guys that is??

Glad your buisness is rolling freind

Guy I was trying to get at how many total man hrs it takes to do a 2500 sq ft house, when you said you do them in 45 mins I was wondering how many guys that is??

Glad your buisness is rolling freind

O sorry Buddy. Basic 2500 sq house 45 mins. to 1 hr. 2 guys. 1 washing the other on the hose so all the washer has to worry about is washing & rinsing. 1 guy can do it in to 1.5 hrs.