Sign in to follow this  
cwenbass

House wash recipe questions

Question

I have my first job next week. I am concerned about my mix of chemicals. If the house has a lot of mildew/mold, do I have to use bleach? There are a lot of plants very close to the house that surround the whole house. I want to use eco friendly products but are strong enough to do the job without bleach but i have not been able to find any with really good reviews. As a result, i was going to use Powerhouse (sunbrite) bleach (12%) and water with my m5 xjet with no proportioner. Any thoughts?

Thanks

10 answers to this question

I don't x-jet or use Powerhouse, so don't what ratios you should use.

As far as the plants, wet them before applying your cleaners and again after. You should be alright.

How much more "Eco-Friendly" can bleach be? It's salt water. Proper dilution rate & mix are key. Look into down streaming, better, faster, safer.

downstream FTW !!

I can't say this enough, rinse and when you are done, rinse again. Be careful too applying the chem, x-jet or downstream. the siding ( vinyl ) has drain holes and chem can get caught up in them. Washing can drive them up even further and come out an hr after you left, leaving the brown chem stain. Just be careful about washing up :P

Here it is short and simple. wet shrubs, One five gallon bucket. two gallons 12.5% sodium hypochlorite, 1-1/2 cups simple cherry, a few squirts of Dawn, fill with water and downstream using as fanned a tip as will reach what you are spraying. Wait ten minutes and start rinsing ( I usually rinse with low pressure too) rinse shrubs too again. move to next side and repeat. collect check and go on.

Here it is short and simple. wet shrubs, One five gallon bucket. two gallons 12.5% sodium hypochlorite, 1-1/2 cups simple cherry, a few squirts of Dawn, fill with water and downstream using as fanned a tip as will reach what you are spraying. Wait ten minutes and start rinsing ( I usually rinse with low pressure too) rinse shrubs too again. move to next side and repeat. collect check and go on.

I would do everything the same with the exception of the few squirts of dawn. I don't thing it is nessesary because Simple Cherry is a complete soap.