Sign in to follow this  
Doug T

Roof cleaning in Rockland county NY

Hey Doug if its not to far from your house why not just take the work. Roof Cleaning is pretty easy and decent money most of the time.

John,

I do a number of roofs every year. This one is in Rockland county and you need a Rockland county license. I have had 2 calls in 4 years, not worth the $600 they want for a license.

Edited by Doug T

The reason Rockland "MANDATES" you have a license is because back in 2003 a Painter/Pressure Washer was doing a deck job and left his day laborer there to finish. After he left the "Day Laborer" raped and killed the homeowner. I kind of understand why they mandate it now but there fee is outrageous. I do occasional work in Rockland but only for family and friends. HEAVY fines if caught without license.

The reason Rockland "MANDATES" you have a license is because back in 2003 a Painter/Pressure Washer was doing a deck job and left his day laborer there to finish. After he left the "Day Laborer" raped and killed the homeowner. I kind of understand why they mandate it now but there fee is outrageous. I do occasional work in Rockland but only for family and friends. HEAVY fines if caught without license.

Is there a police blotter on that or a local news story. That would be a HUGE sales tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AC

Tom,

I have heard that before, you probably told me, but in the same circumstance how does having a license stop the rape/murder ?

It's just another income stream for government, IMO.

Here is the link. @Doug I aggree with your opinion as well. Maybe if someone that goes thru the licensing process (big booklet) they feel you will probably be that much more responsible when it comes to your employees. Just saying.

www.forgottenvictims.com/Mary%20Nagle.htm