Sign in to follow this  
PWNA HQ

PWNA/UAMCC Press Release

I'm sure for those who do not know the history, dynamics, players, facts. etc. of this can easily "arm chair quarterback" their opinion. Which is fine, it's your uneducated opinion, have at it.

Barry, your above quote is really what this is all about.

Good to see you.

All opinions are equally important and valid in a member supported Org....at least they should be. As for the issue at hand, all the education needed is in this very thread. You could grab any reasonably intelligent person off the street, let them read page one and they would understand the two sides of the issue. It's not the science or the chemistry, it's about money. In fact I can make my point/position with two quotes from you and one from Mr Hinderliter

What you're saying, and what you're doing seem to be totally opposite.
it's called "Conflict Of Interest"
I have been told many times by regulators that they could take comment from me as a representative of a National Non-Profit Trade Association but could not accept any comments from me for changes as a private business owner.

My quote, this thread and your own questions are pretty much the basis of two years of debating and arguing with you and others. You are asking Mr Hinderliter some very good pressing questions. That's great. However, you seem to be ignoring the fact that this could not have happened without the ***** allowing it either via direct permission or by abdication of leadership on an extremely important issue....In the NCAA this is called "a loss of institutional control"....which is really really what this is all about.

All opinions are equally important and valid in a member supported Org....at least they should be.

However, you seem to be ignoring the fact that this could not have happened without the ***** allowing it either via direct permission or by abdication of leadership on an extremely important issue....In the NCAA this is called "a loss of institutional control"....which is really really what this is all about.

First quote is true Barry. Opinions of Members in a Member supported Org are very important, but if you're talking about "Any And All Opinions" from people that don't have a dog in the fight and or not Members, then I would have to say "No Not Really".

No one is ignoring anything Barry, especially me. There has been quite the debate about this at the ***** forum. You see there is more at play here than you seem to think you know Barry. Loss of Institutional Control is not what this is about at all, but I don't expect you to understand or see that from your vantage point.

At this time it is obvious that everyone should be able to work with their local munipalities as Eric Flynn did. After you study the BMPs as Eric did, the only help you should need is Telephone support for modifying for your local jurisdiction.

The jurisdictions would rather deal with a local contractor presenting a National Association's BMPs. The only reason everone cannot do this is because they have not done their homework. Are you going to lead or follow?

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

Lots of strong interest at StormCon; More than in past years. My recommendation now is for every contract cleaner to modify the BMPs for his area and post them on his website.

Why is that Robert? Why is there so much interest in regards to our industry now?

It reminds me of a job I had when I was still in high school. It was at Stauffer Chemical plant. They mined phosphorus. They took the easy and more profitable product first, then dug into the less profitable sources. Then, as a last resort they had me, standing there with a high powered pump making mud from dirt all day. They took the mud and through some chemical process were able to squeeze the last remaining drop of phosphorus out.

That's what we are Robert.

Of course there was a lot of strong interest. Now that we are on the radar the interest will only increase. I don't believe the interest is following a natural increase curve, though. We work nights, we are low impact. We WERE totally off the radar of enforcement. All one has to do is look at who is exhibiting at St&rmcom and it doesn't take much to determine where the interest is being generated from.

706-708 AbTech Distributor/Waste Management

710-712 AbTech Industries Inc.

505 ACF Environmental

705 Ackerstone

728 Advanced Drainage Systems

415 AECOM

430 A-Lok Products

724 AMEC Earth & Environmental

225 American Academy of Water Res. Eng's

420 American Fiber Rolls Inc.

209 American Peat Technology

406 AP/M Permaform

602 Applied Polymer Systems

802 ARCADIS/Malcolm Pirnie

410 Arvis Consulting Inc.

807 Asphalt Pavement Alliance

625 AquaShield Inc.

307 BaySaver Technologies Inc.

803-805 Belgard

826 Ben Meadows

711-713 Bio Clean Environmental

531 Bio-Microbics Inc.

533-537 Brentwood Industries

633 Campbell Scientific Inc.

414 Catch-All LLC

630 CBI Systems

422 CIF Composites Inc.

830 CISEC Inc.

801 Clean Way Environmental Partners Inc.

811 ClearTec Global/Haz-Mat Response Technologies

709 Clearwater Solutions Inc.

503 Coanda

511-513 CONTECH Construction

419 Contractors-Services LLC

620-622 CULTEC Inc.

611 Dandy Products Inc.

424 DHI Water & Environment Inc.

636 Dungeness Environmental

825 EarthGuard by Terra Novo Inc.

607 East Jordan Iron Works

725-727 EcoRain Systems Inc.

632 Elastec/American Marine

726 Elgin Sweeper/Vactor Manufacturing

837 EnviroCert Intl.

806 ESRI

730-732 Fiberweb

408-410 Filterra

306 Filtrexx

507-509-606-608 Firestone Specialty Products

613 Fresh Creek Technologies

525 Global Water Instrumentation (ITT Corporation)

222-224 HaloSource/StormKlear

309 Harco Fittings

210 HESCO Bastian USA

811 Haz-Mat Technologies

603-605-702-704 Hydro International

501 HydroScreen

624-626 Imbrium Systems

323 Inland Pipe Rehabilitation LLC

307A Innovative Turf Solutions

828 InterClean Equipment Inc.

308 IPEX USA LLC

521-523-525 ITT Corporation (Global Water)

736 J.W. Faircloth and Son Inc.

214 Jensen Precast

313-315 JM Eagle

228 Kanaflex Corporation

813-815-817 Kristar Enterprises Inc.

833 Landmark Earth Solutions (Scourstop)

324 Layfield Group

834-836 LRM Industries International Inc.

802 Malcolm Pirnie / ARCADIS

804 Mar Mac Construction Products

223 Miller Pipeline

711-713 Modular Wetlands

916 Myron L Company

310 National Precast Concrete Association

311 Neenah Foundry

604 Neptune Automated Wheel Wash

207 Oldcastle Precast Inc.

406A ORCO Block Company

527-529 Park Environmental Equipment Ltd.

635-637 Penda Corporation - Smart Ditch

210 PermiTrack

703 Press-Seal Gasket

600 Presto Products

206 Prinsco Inc.

319 RBF Consulting

329 REM Inc./Revel Environmental Manufacturing

627-629 Rinker Materials - Concrete Pipe Division

609 Roscoe Moss Company

729 Rotondo Environmental Solutions

321 Saertex multiCom LP

831 Soil Retention Products Inc.

808 St. Anthony Falls Laboratory

735-737 Storm Water Systems Inc.

734 StormChamber

821 StormTrap

428 Stormwater Equipment Manufacturers Association

405 Stormwater Magazine

733 Stormwater USA

835 StormwateRx LLC

810-812 Suntree Technologies

628 Superior Gunite

707 SYMMLOC Company

211 Syracuse Castings West

829 Tec Inc.

218-220 Teledyne ISCO Inc.

331 Texas A&M University–Kingsville

426 Torrent Resources

731 Trelleborg Pipe Seals

809 TYMCO Inc.

824 UltraTech International

827 UNI-GROUP USA

212 United Stormwater Inc.

808 University of Minnesota - St. Anthony Falls Laboratory

412 Vieux & Associates Inc.

631 Water & Wastes Digest

413 Water Environment Federation

325-327 WDD Engineering and Construction

832 West Coast Storm

322 WesTech Engineering Inc.

427 Wheelwash Inc.

417 XP Software

418 Yardney Water Management

429 Zweigwhite

I posted this so everyone would know what "StormCon" really is just in case some were fooled into believing it is anything more than a bunch of people trying to convince their customers and the government to buy their products out of fear.

STORMCON is NOT some kind of government boot camp on how to SAVE OUR CHILDREN. I had already called Ron and decided to go with or without him till I did a little more research on what Stormcon really is and then realized I'd be wasting time there.

Robert, with the universities that were represented there were you able to come back with any potential sources for studies to show the truth of our positive impact on the environment?

At this time it is obvious that everyone should be able to work with their local munipalities as Eric Flynn did. After you study the BMPs as Eric did, the only help you should need is Telephone support for modifying for your local jurisdiction.

The jurisdictions would rather deal with a local contractor presenting a National Association's BMPs. The only reason everone cannot do this is because they have not done their homework. Are you going to lead or follow?

Robert that says it all tbere. I Don't know for the life of me why the internet guys can't grasp that what your saying above. Well check that. I Do know why and its obvious. I should have gone to Houston myself because this can and soon will have an effect ony business. What was said on the net was selective as in guys only saying whatt they wanted to let out because it will possibly benefit them with $$$$. I alsp heard one of the most rediculous auch as the "PWNA shot themselves in the foot that came from a reliable source" Yet the person won't release who that 'Relable Source" is. So in essence they can't back up what there saying along with they only want to tell the masses what they want them to hear. They also want to do something that they can alone take credit for because an org/association they determined has no right to do anything----TOTALY MISLEADING!! And that alone is another reason I should have wemt to Houston because once again where not getting all the facts from some individuals who were there and what they came out with.

I'll give one big case in point and its factual which in the court of Law the only thing woth Merit is the Facts. These individuals not once that I can reacall mention what SGT. WALSH makes very Clear.."YOU SHOULD BELONG TO YOUR INDUSTRY ASSOCIATIONS!!! These suppose guys said they were there and yet they leave out a clear and obvious point of what was said down there because it doesn't benefit them to say it so they dismiss completly what the expert in his field SGT. WALSH has clearly and emphatically said.

That to me Robert is disturbing to say the least. I want to see the rest of the Video if I can get it because to me I Don't want the "SALES PITCH"......I WANT THE FACTS!!!

John, a guy who stood behind the fining of Doug ********** for a non-existent is not the guy who I want to be looking to for advice in how to run my business affairs (Walsh).

Maybe he should learn his own job before he tells us how to do ours.

There is game changing technology being tested in a major american city that we need to be a part of. I suggest that information be released only to a local contractor who is a member of the associations. It will be a major competitive advantage for someone during the test period. I'll need advice from both Persidents on how to proceed.

I recommend that every member of PWNA OR ***** that would like a copy of the BMPs place their order with Association Headquarters: 1-copy for $20.00, 2-copies for $35.00 including shipping & handling. That is an extra copy for your local regulator.

Wow are you kidding me? You now have to pay to see the document that is not being shopped (read: is being shopped) behind everyone's back. And here I thought rape was illegal.

This is now MLS. Similar to Multi Level Marketing, but it's multi level shopping.

Sounds like they were telling the truth. They aren't shopping the BMP's, They're selling them to us so we can shop them.

I suppose if you sell to 5 municipalities you move up a level.

Alright, I was just being a smart alec in the previous post.

I still don't understand how you could come to us asking for advice on the BMP's while adamantly declaring that you were NOT going to shop them and then can come in front of the same people and make a post like the one above.

It's just completely confusing.

This is a quote from Chris Chappel in another thread. This is what really scares & pisses me off the most. This is what can and will happen when Municipalities start calling around to other Municipalities for further information on how to handle this situation. Leaches & Vultures descend on the Contractor to suck the profit from their Business and in most cases put them out of Business. There are no provisions to help protect the PW Contractor, only ways of sucking every bit of money from his pocket.

Are the people and Organizations that have shopped these BMP's around to blame??? If they do nothing to protect the Contractor from this beyond the BMP I say....Yes You Are!!! You knew this was going to happen because it already happened in your area. You will be responsible for every Contractor that is put out of Business

Where are the BMP's for the parking decks, dirty building & sidewalks, restaurants, etc. that says they Must have they're property cleaned For The Health & Safety Of The Public & The Children! Don't you care about that?

Yea I played the Kid Card.

Here's the quote.

"I agree with a lot of you out there, there is a lot of mis-information and lies out there and that was a huge part of the problem there in Houston.

They wanted you to get registered with the city, haul hazardous waste (without informing you that you need to have a CDL, D.O.T. approved Tank and vehicle to haul the waste, Placards to show what is being hauled, the necessary information and insurance, get registered with the D.O.T. for hauling hazardous waste, and a lot more!), they wanted you to haul the wash water across town and fill out manifests and pay for each manifest for each job no later than 4 days from the time the job is completed and pay for the wash water to be disposed of (never found out from the city what the rate per load or gallon cost to be disposed of), pay a monthly or yearly fee to be registered with the city (yearly fee was over $450 per year) and if you are hauling wash water that vehicle had to be registered also. There is more to this but you can get an idea of the hoops they wanted you to jump through just to work there."

Again I say...I don't have a problem with the BMP, I have a problem with all the Crap that will come with it.

Edited by Guy B

There is game changing technology being tested in a major american city that we need to be a part of. I suggest that information be released only to a local contractor who is a member of the associations. It will be a major competitive advantage for someone during the test period. I'll need advice from both Persidents on how to proceed.

Incredible....

no...beyond incredible.

Some unlucky PW'er in a major city who is not a member of both Org's is about to suffer the consequences of ignoring the environmental cartel.

Is this a new membership campaign technique?

Maybe the Orgs should merge, you know, to avoid annoying technicalities like the Sherman Act.

Top of Page 3, rewards for those PW'ers who comply w/the regs. Free air miles?

Over time, we will see 2 options for PW'ers. Be proactive and get involved in your local/state about these regs or just complain. For those who complain, you have 2 options, try to go under the radar and find out how expensive that can be, or comply with something you chose to not be involved in. What UMACC and PWNA have done may not have been handled as well as it could have been, but what happended has happened, it is time to move on. Be part of the solution or not, your choice.

I would like to clarify that the ***** had no prior knowledge of this press release before it was posted.

Also, Mr. Robert has resigned his position as Environmental Chairman of the *****.

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/organizational-news-information-discussions-area/22113-thank-you-robert-hinderliter.html#post195161

Doug is that because you work for these Folks? I mean you sub work from there business, is that the case and point? Are you involved in the procurement of contracts with these same individuals? Its just a couple of questions, not really my business.

You just really seem to be all for this and that seems a bit strange knowing your back ground and how it relates with other associations your involved with.

Over time, we will see 2 options for PW'ers. Be proactive and get involved in your local/state about these regs or just complain. For those who complain, you have 2 options, try to go under the radar and find out how expensive that can be, or comply with something you chose to not be involved in. What UMACC and PWNA have done may not have been handled as well as it could have been, but what happended has happened, it is time to move on. Be part of the solution or not, your choice.

You mean give up not move on. You make it sound like what was done is done and cannot be changed when in reality, it's still the beginning, still happening and not unchangeable.

There are more than 2 choices....

The choices you mention are 1. Be proactive and get involved (I'm assuming this means via the Org's)" and 2. Complain

The truth is that choice #2 is the beginning of many other choices. In fact, we are seeing a few already within one of the Org's. We are also seeing people advocate dropping their membership which is really choice #3 but probably starts with complaining that is ignored. There are also people actually discussing a new Org....which I hope is not modeled after the two failures.

As a PW'er that has never joined either of the other two, I would support an Org that was truly for the contractor. I'd wager there are other like me....still others that have joined one or both.

BTW...complaining is the beginning of all change....either political or organizational. Nothing changes if people are happy and happy people don't complain. Complainers are the instrument of all change. Not all malcontents are complainers and not all complainers are malcontents....

What P@NA and UA@CC did was not handled well as you said and this seems to be a repeating cycle, and you are correct, it is time to move on. Repackaging them again and again has not worked.