Sign in to follow this  
John T

Eric Clark PWNA President

I reached out to Eric Clark this past Sunday(Don't ya just hate it when I call on a Sunday) and besides very times I hate to call anyone on a Sunday. I felt I needed to talk to Eric about some pressing issues. We never spoke but we did do some phone tagging a few months back.

I know what I am doing has many people confused. Tomorrow I'm heading back into Peter Kings Office because nothing is easy until it works. I'm taking risk that in Union life there worth taking because you end up bargening for what best for your members. There's an obvious difference to Unions and organizations. My methods are bang bang bang..to get it done. Organization methods are thru planning and sometimes its thru long term planning.

So like what I'm doing on the outside with things I have now brought it into an org as far as risk taking goes. I would never suggest anyone do this because it generally will never work in the "Organization" world. Especially non profits which the the PWNA is.

I needed Erik to take a risk if he can kind of see what I'm trying to do... and I can't give him much because its work in progress so when you don't have facts..speculation is just that.. which is hoping,guessing etc but its not facts yet and it may never be.

So Erik wasn't offered anything but to just open up his mind and to break away from the norm just for a short period of time. I hated to go this way because I know how hard these orgs plan when it comes to Conventions. Any small thing can rock the boat on a planned and worked out program.

So Erik listened and gave some thoughts and we also talked about what some of the risk could be... That was it. If he believed in what I am trying to do with very little info since he is the PWNA president he has to bring it to his board members and sponsors and try to sell them on something that is only a vision. How about taking that back to a structured not for profit group.

So Erik came back in half the time he said he needed and said...lets go for it in so many words. Thats the gist of what I'm getting on the outside which is your doing a nice job but on the outsided I still havent got to the point yet of where Erik went.

So I want to personally thank Erik for that.... and its things like what he did, What many others have done and what Linda Ruth Tosetti has accomplished that gives me the confidence to go right back in on the outside world and have a go back at it.

And yes this has taken alot of work but I can't complain because My Powerwashing business is pretty much self running(My guys stripped a house in the Hamptons today from a lead we got right here on TGS) and since I've been out for a couple of months from my other job on my own saved time.... this has been fun. I am fortunate to have something like this to do since I've been so busy working two jobs for 16+ yrs and now I only for the time being have one.... and the best part is(Even though I won't stop trying until all avenues are exhausted or Kathy tells me to) if nothing else happens I am trully honored to have Linda give these plaques to the ones who will be in Nashville and I am just as honored to mail out to those who can't make it. Its been a fun ride... and if you know me... it may seem like it could end.. but don't bet on it just yet.

So thanks Erik and everyone else who is making this all possible.

John T.