Sign in to follow this  
John T

Snagging a national figure for the Convention

I'm having fun with all of this even though its at times mentally draining and disappointing. Today I met up with Linda at a Michael J. Fox Fundraiser. Linda and her husband Andy where limo'd in and given a suite to be at this event. The owner of this Company is a friend of Michael J. Fox so he had this Fundraiser in Michaels Name for the cure of Parkinsons disease. Michael J. Fox wasn't there but there's a chance I could meet him down the road.

This Fundraiser happened to be about 10 minutes where I was earlier. I went home and got Kath and took her to it. That bottle from the Soprano's show signed and Louie Martini pics were given to us by this guy who is amazed at what is going on with Linda and the Powerwashers. They just love this story. Kath and I did give a small donation because I never go to these without donating a little something.

Where I was before that I was there the day before to. I thought I had Peter King who loves this story but yesterday I went into his office to see how things are going and he was in his DC office. This guy is extremely busy and is very important to our national safety. When I met up with him 2 weeks ago he said to me that just make sure his secretary has everything.... So what I find out yesterday is the secretary forward the info to Peter in DC and all he needs to do is sign off on it and she tells me he gets stuff like this all the time. My response was OK...so what happens.. She tells me he is a very busy man. I tell her I really wanted this for the Nashville show. And she says she knows but it probably won't happen. Basically its in outerspace again.

I know I am speed balling this whole thing because its just is moving around.. but I am so disappointed and I tell the secretary this. You live and you learn. I said to her that didn't you see us talking two weeks ago? I said do you remember when he was standing in the office and you didn't want to get him because he's very busy(She is an excellent secretary but in this world these guys are very well respected so you just don't interupt them) and then when I see him I yelled out "Hey Peter when You get a moment can we talk" and Peter comes out. Me and Peter talked because we have a very small history together from mutual contacts. We talk about that and our mutual friend who just died(My Union Attorney who I use to Powerwash his house for him and he always paid full boat because he wouldn't take it any other way). We also talked about on this July4th my family was at a firework show where he was heading with his grand kids when he was stuck in traffic where I was at. A young kid on his motorcycle hit this van head on and hurt the father and son in the van. Peter ask how the guy on the Motorcycle ended up... He died at the scene (24 yrs old). Peters grand kids saw the guy laying in the road but they didn't know he died. He was sad about that. He did make it to the firework show as did my wife and kids but I was there for hours and forget the show..this was another terrible call(Reasons why I'm retiring now). With all that Peter tells the secretary "Did you get everything from John" and she says yes.

So now its in who knows where. I ask the secretary to tell it straight... it won't get done in time will it... and she said..I'm sorry. I'll send it again but he is very busy. In her defense she sent it again... I should have just closed the deal with Peter King.

So I leave from there with Kathy. She says I did what I could... I am so disappointed because I usually deliver when I say I will. Kath and I go home. I also found out right before I went to Mr. Kings office I have rip in my knee over 1.5 inches which is substantial and is causing my knee to keep filling with fluids while it heals. My main guy for the first time in years called in sick the night before so Kathy had to switch some jobs(And of course one lady now cancels). Just a terrible day.

So I get home. I tell Kathy I'm going to head out and call a couple of guys and stop in on one of them. She tells me to let it go.. She knows I'm disappointed. But I have to try one last time but this time go thru some people instead of doing this all by myself. So I take my file about all of this good deed stuff and out I go and wouldn't you know it Linda calls me to tell me where she will be at and its not far where I was and will be at again today. Small world.

So tomorrow I should have possibly some news because I reached out as far as I can from who I know. I hated doing that but I know I have something here that is big and I just need to get one per with National name recognition to see this.

So thats where I'm at. I'm trying to deliver something that usually takes a long time to do or in most cases never happens. I know I can do it but the time limitation is a killer.... but I look at it like I have 5 more days left... and I only need 10 minutes if I can reach the right person.... and this time I'm shooting past any secretaries.

If it doesn't happen it won't be for a lack of trying and I am using now my calling cards. But either way I am very fortunate to get Linda Ruth Tosetti to see what I see and because of that..... we have these great pictures and her respect as she has mine. I think all who meet her will feel the same and for the ones who can't make the Convention you'll see her good spirit right in those pictures she's signed that will be in your mailbox and for the ones who I didn't get pictures for and I would have got everyone if I could have....just having her in the industry at this time.....is special.

Back to the politicians...Don't count me out yet.

Edited by John T

Now it's sit and wait. Today I got a response that one local politician here is making the calls into DC and I have a senator in the mix. Monday night they'll get word and Tuesday morning I should have an answer. I'm learning alot doing this and the more people involved at this stage of the game the better. Doesn't mean I can pull this off but it's sure challenging and fun trying.

If it doesn't work this time and I stick around with industry stuff the next time it's going to be alot easier. I'll give the story up next week on this whole thing and why I chased what I did so late in the game. Linda's going to tell what happened about 20+ yrs ago at the Convention and from there I'll say what I tried to do and who I went thru and how it went. The story is solid but to get the powers to be in the game is tough even though it's a win across the board.

We'll see what happens.