Sign in to follow this  
John.Harper

Pump quality

im looking into getting a few more pumps i have two units right now that im going to join together for flatwork .. and im thinking about getting two more pumps and joining them together has anyone ever tried the 4,000 psi 7gpm north star pump? If you have used it did it just fall apart or did the quality surprise you? Don't think ill get one unless i know that they are well built even though i could get about 3 years of protection on it but the down time could cost me much more then the pumps worth .. also im sure someone has tried one of the larger belt driven annovi reverberri pumps how are they?

thanks

John

so AR are actually pretty good pumps? I always thought they were a lesser grade pump then GP. Im really considering buying two of these NorthStar Pressure Washer Pump — 7 GPM, 4000 PSI, Model# TWS7040S | Pressure Washer Pumps | Northern Tool + Equipment and joining them together i just don't know what kind of quality they are but they have a really good warranty on them and getting a huge surface cleaner to hook them up to.

The sealing system is slightly different.

Thanks Russ, the repair kit is probably more too?

Do triplex pumps have a break in period with respect to the seals seating, and exposing the seal to the maximum rated pressure?

I agree with the AR pumps..

just be sure to get the XW with 3/4" inlets..

going to the 5000 psi version with 1/2" inlets is NOT better..

Tank-feed with the largest fittings and feed lines, and filter you can afford..

I'm even suggesting DUAL-FEED THAT PUMP !!..

you'l have MUCH better seal life, and MUCH less of that expensive downtime.

Stick with brass hose barbs, and NO "flow restriction"

BTW.. use the search in this blog to find more detail than you would have imagined.

I've posted a TON of info on this to help folks like you :{)