Sign in to follow this  
Ron Musgraves

I'm running for UAMCC President!!! Ask Questions here

Question

74 answers to this question

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!

Ron, if you run and get elected, you do realize I hope that you are just one person, and that the group input and decisions via vote are not going to all be in agreement wit you. You do realize that you can't just load the BOD with who you want to serve. I would hope you remember when PWNA had a problem with a bully/dictator at the post of president. Forgive me, but you have such a strong "my way or the high way" personality that I can see your hard work becoming obsessive and taking you down the same path. How can you convince us otherwise that after seeing years of these types of your posts and many phone calls, that it will not be this way? Just asking.

Beth

Beth those issues of things unjust , when corruption is present I'm not going to turn my head the other way. Often many have here in the past to only end up where we are now.

Beth I'm just a servant of the industry in this spot. Since I do that in my Everyday life I'm over qualified for this job. Of course my largest plan is to distribute a process at which all members can contribute ideas. A open door policy think tank lets say. No promises we can make each idea happen but I'm a believer that I don't have all the answers, old say two heads are better than one. Well hundreds should be great!!

Beth the meb

Ron ********** text me for questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute

Ron, is it easy or difficult for you to be open minded and objective, to listen to other ideas without dominating the conversation?

You don't have to answer this aloud, but you need to look inside of yourself. And, can you let the majority on a BOD who may vote opposing what you want, can you let that be the decision and final word? Because it come down to votes. BOD's do business during meetings. The back woods on the phone crap has GOT to stop. You get onto the BOD call, you follow the agenda, you make your motions and vote your items, following Roberts Rules of Order. You record minutes and they are public with a show of how everyone voted and what was discussed. Be ready Ron, because I'll demand it. You say you want the best, well that's a pretty high standard, one I know how to measure and some of us...will hold you to it more than I think you will like.

Don't take this the wrong way. Just consider it.

Beth

I think there is a huge power to be harnessed in this industry

- if everyone can just play well together. No pokes, no bullying, no counterproductive crap.

There will always be "dogs loose in the neighborhood",

but a willingness to "police those dogs".. should be able to manage that.

And about that "energy".. I totally agree.. The general community spirit in the PW blogs,

..and the active interest it has shown to analize and learn the next best tools and processes available,

the Grime Scene, and *** bloggs should be proud of the general ability they've shown to educate.

Now, with the gatherings of contractors in the interest of further education and "Real" certification.. there's nothing stopping us.

Beth, only time will tell that story. I'm glad your interest as a member to be a watch dog is going to be active. Maybe you have time to be on oversight team? Don't say yes or no today but know if I get elected I will be calling.

Phone issues, Beth I cannot control parties that play games on telephones. I can only hope that my administration doesn't get caught in all the negativity. I will not mandate like past leadership do not talk to members like me because they are afraid because they spread false ideology.

If we are true and the truth is what we will be all about there will be no worries about that Gang affecting this org. I appreciate your concerns, I had always thought a leader telling his other leaders not to talk to members via phone is a bad idea.

I re-call Paul Horsely telling his BOD not to post on web bulletin Boards. WHY??? Because if negativity...LOL

We will build something now that no one can be negative about, Problem SOLVED

I would be embarrassed if we accomplished anything else. My BOD will be public kissing babies and representing this industry at many end user shows. We will be vary active in all aspects of this industry, maybe will see you at a wood show. Maybe you can man a ***** booth?

Ron, is it easy or difficult for you to be open minded and objective, to listen to other ideas without dominating the conversation?

You don't have to answer this aloud, but you need to look inside of yourself. And, can you let the majority on a BOD who may vote opposing what you want, can you let that be the decision and final word? Because it come down to votes. BOD's do business during meetings. The back woods on the phone crap has GOT to stop. You get onto the BOD call, you follow the agenda, you make your motions and vote your items, following Roberts Rules of Order. You record minutes and they are public with a show of how everyone voted and what was discussed. Be ready Ron, because I'll demand it. You say you want the best, well that's a pretty high standard, one I know how to measure and some of us...will hold you to it more than I think you will like.

Don't take this the wrong way. Just consider it.

Beth

Edited by Ron Musgraves

I think there is a huge power to be harnessed in this industry - if everyone can just play well together. No pokes, no bullying, no counterproductive crap.

I agree, can you please have Roger call me. I would like him to attend our conference call Monday night. I text him but didn't get a response.

Working together is all i have in mind.

My BOD will be public kissing babies and representing this industry at many end user shows.

Ron -

It would not be YOUR BOD. It would be the MEMBERS BOD. The BOD serves the members. The members vote you in, and if the by-laws are not upheld, then they should indeed have a voice to get anyone out.

If I seem skeptical, well, I am. I have seen many things in this industry and I have always raise the bar high.

I would also like to see someone run against you. Again, the position is much too important for you to run unopposed.

Beth

Edited by Beth n Rod

Beth I agree that its a very important spot, last week it wasn't. They where talking if no one wanted the job let it go into a forum like *** or TGS.

So I decided to give it a Shot. I text you for your support the other day because I hope you know I would make you proud and do the right things.

You have been in these spots before and was looking forward to having a friend for advice that has experience in these matters.

I have BOD experience with other orgs in the past, not one in my own field. Its always seemed to run a bit different, I hope I can change this and raise the standard like I have for 27 years in my own business.

If I get elected I hope I can make you proud. If I don't and someone beats me I only hope then can do the same and I will support them.

Ron -

It would not be YOUR BOD. It would be the MEMBERS BOD. The BOD serves the members. The members vote you in, and if the by-laws are not upheld, then they should indeed have a voice to get anyone out.

If I seem skeptical, well, I am. I have seen many things in this industry and I have always raise the bar high.

I would also like to see someone run against you. Again, the position is much too important for you to run unopposed.

Beth

Celeste I hope we can raise the standards of contractors for sure. Pants included

So.........the "new" ***** is going to be a dictatorship? Ron's way or the highway?

And I guess if BOD shots are only from the top up - you're good but frankly I expect professional attire to include PANTS.

You see its pretty easy, your guys are worried about Ron Control. I'm only going to accomplish what you all want. Yes when the BOD/ membership is deadlock I get to make a choice.

Balance is what this is called. Wouldn't dream about any other way.

Good to see we might have a strong oversight committee. You want to head that Thad?

Too early for puns, Celeste!

:p

Ron is very driven (some would say pushy) but he doesn't even get a vote on anything unless the board is tied. And there shouldn't be any issue as long as the Oversight Committee is doing their job.

Who is running for Oversight Committee?

Ron -

Beth

Maybe I should run for President.

Celeste

Edited by CarolinaProWash
joke!

Hey Ron you want to get a fast education in this process I have to dig it out in my closet but you can find it on the net. It's Roberts rule of orders I think it was called. Carry out all your dreams and idea's and also know the inner workings of a non profit. Someone I know here started to form a non profit but they gave up and started an LLC instead because there much easier.. But if you want to grow large in membership at least from what I know.. The non profits people want to volunteer for...and you still can have paid positions in there so the theory that non profits won't work because people just volunteer and they get fed up.. Well successful one can have a paid board...and hundreds of volunteers on committees. That is way down the road.

You win your the face and where the members.. And members Want there board and leaders to succeed because it benefits them.. So no matter what I wish you success because besides anything else...I am ***** member that could use like everyone else..some more bang for the buck..as in Benny's.

Maybe I should run for President.

Celeste

Celeste I want you to know I would support you if you did and won. The position as all have pointed is just a spot on the BOD, If we all get on the ***** team we can do good things for the industry.

If you do not I hope you know I would love your returned support. You above anyone should know first hand I would do a good job.

I appreciate the tips John, as well if I need any free advice I know you phone works.

Thanks for the heads up

Hey Ron you want to get a fast education in this process I have to dig it out in my closet but you can find it on the net. It's Roberts rule of orders I think it was called. Carry out all your dreams and idea's and also know the inner workings of a non profit. Someone I know here started to form a non profit but they gave up and started an LLC instead because there much easier.. But if you want to grow large in membership at least from what I know.. The non profits people want to volunteer for...and you still can have paid positions in there so the theory that non profits won't work because people just volunteer and they get fed up.. Well successful one can have a paid board...and hundreds of volunteers on committees. That is way down the road.

You win your the face and where the members.. And members Want there board and leaders to succeed because it benefits them.. So no matter what I wish you success because besides anything else...I am ***** member that could use like everyone else..some more bang for the buck..as in Benny's.

Any org business someone will re-write my documents. Just like in my business I have staff that see my punctuation is correct. Posting on and Internet bbs I'm going to just be the same guy I have always been. Most pw guys are not road scholars or liberal arts majors.

For any Org. business, I will have someone proof and prepare my documents. In my business, I have staff to verify mygrammar and punctuation are correct. Thank goodness I don't have to do it much longer.

I think my ability to spell or writes not going to hinder my ability to serve my fellow contractors. It's a weakness I know and when I need help I'll get someone to assist.

I think that my ability to spell, or write is not going to hinder me in serving my fellow contractors. It is a weakness, and I know I have it. When I need help, I get someone to help me.

No press release from the bod will go out to members without approval steps of editing. Everyone can make mistakes no matter how well you may think you write.

No press release of communication from the BoD will go out without approval and editing. Everyone but Scott can make mistakes, no matter how well you may think you write. Okay, my wife thinks I am a horrible writer, but she is a frustrated school teacher.

Speaking of mess have you read the website? I stopped reading after a few paragraphs so much incorrect things that even I saw it.

Speaking of mess, have you read the ***** website? I stopped reading after a few paragraphs, because there were so many incorrect things, that even I saw them.

I was wondering who might have done that, no one person if I'm president will control any of that. Systems and procedures need implemented so the industry can raise the standards.

I was wondering who did that. Not one person will control any of it, if I am president. Systems need to be implemented so that the industry can raise standards.

Does roger own a tie? If I'm in charge the entire bod and committee members will photo in formal attire.

Does Roger own a tie? If I am president, the entire BoD and committee members will provide photos in business attire Personally, I don't think tuxedos are appropriate, even for an organization as elite as the *****

Bod members will have to travel at the start on there own dime. I plan on representation at the world of concrete in jan and apartment show in feb.

BoD members will have to travel to events at their own expense. I plan on representation at the world of concrete in January, and apartment show in February. Boy, I am glad that if I am on the board I get to travel with Ron on his private jet. The advanatages of living close to the evil emporer...(Just kidding) We really are friends, even when I throw barbs at him, continually

The bod I have assembled and understand that we are going to move and not stop moving. It's not going to be like the past.

The BoD I have assembled, understands that we are going to move, and not stop moving. It is not going to be like it was in the past.

Can we borrow the Mind for detail Jet? Its a write off

Any org business someone will re-write my documents. Just like in my business I have staff that see my punctuation is correct. Posting on and Internet bbs I'm going to just be the same guy I have always been. Most pw guys are not road scholars or liberal arts majors.

For any Org. business, I will have someone proof and prepare my documents. In my business, I have staff to verify mygrammar and punctuation are correct. Thank goodness I don't have to do it much longer.

I think my ability to spell or writes not going to hinder my ability to serve my fellow contractors. It's a weakness I know and when I need help I'll get someone to assist.

I think that my ability to spell, or write is not going to hinder me in serving my fellow contractors. It is a weakness, and I know I have it. When I need help, I get someone to help me.

No press release from the bod will go out to members without approval steps of editing. Everyone can make mistakes no matter how well you may think you write.

No press release of communication from the BoD will go out without approval and editing. Everyone but Scott can make mistakes, no matter how well you may think you write. Okay, my wife thinks I am a horrible writer, but she is a frustrated school teacher.

Speaking of mess have you read the website? I stopped reading after a few paragraphs so much incorrect things that even I saw it.

Speaking of mess, have you read the ***** website? I stopped reading after a few paragraphs, because there were so many incorrect things, that even I saw them.

I was wondering who might have done that, no one person if I'm president will control any of that. Systems and procedures need implemented so the industry can raise the standards.

I was wondering who did that. Not one person will control any of it, if I am president. Systems need to be implemented so that the industry can raise standards.

Does roger own a tie? If I'm in charge the entire bod and committee members will photo in formal attire.

Does Roger own a tie? If I am president, the entire BoD and committee members will provide photos in business attire Personally, I don't think tuxedos are appropriate, even for an organization as elite as the *****

Bod members will have to travel at the start on there own dime. I plan on representation at the world of concrete in jan and apartment show in feb.

BoD members will have to travel to events at their own expense. I plan on representation at the world of concrete in January, and apartment show in February. Boy, I am glad that if I am on the board I get to travel with Ron on his private jet. The advanatages of living close to the evil emporer...(Just kidding) We really are friends, even when I throw barbs at him, continually

The bod I have assembled and understand that we are going to move and not stop moving. It's not going to be like the past.

The BoD I have assembled, understands that we are going to move, and not stop moving. It is not going to be like it was in the past.

Good conversation. I like that Beth and other will watch close. No one is perfect and when your on the inside, sometimes all looks rosey and until someone from outside says something that you finally realize it isnt rosey or the right move. I have seen it in life so many times. I saw it when I was on the Trans Team. There was at least a few times, the Team talked over stuff on several conference calls and it all seemed right, seemed perfect, seemed like a no brainer, seemed like most wouuld support it and then you take it public and get bashed. Quite often the bashing or suggestions were right too.

You can get in a vacuum and the outside world is what will save you from one way thinking and help you move forward in a better or correct fashion the Beths, The Celestes, The Tonys, the members are all needed.

I wanted to Run for president, but I just didnt think I could raise the money to beat Barak Obama,

Edited by Jeff

I belong to various orgs Beth, customer and charity. I ran the sultans or Arizona Baseball for under privilege youth for six years. We took state championships and built a few Boys into men. We took the org from 14 kids to 144 with over six teams competing. This was one of the most rewarding times in my life helping youth. Sultans joined another successful group a friend runs and still going strong. I'm still active when called on. The organization is supported by the community and successful.

I was visited by a few of these boys recently and most are doing well.

I have an affiliation with girls alliance we have a project feed the homeless. Last year we fed 1000 people with Girls who themselves are homeless for various reasons.

I have served on many other customer oriented associations. Unfortunately because of past issues with individuals here I will not disclose my positions.

I'm super active in my own community outreach programs and donate dollars on a regular basis to many charities. If you want the list its large, most would just think its bragging. So I will not list them just show you my most recent donation.

I have also belong and started other associations for recreation, AWBT was a started by my office manager years ago. I helped them fund the org my night clubs and Bars was there first member. I walked them through the process because I had already done it before. I was a recreation pool player so its was exciting for the women association to get started. Of course i was not on there BOD because I was a man.

I run my own charities with Propowerwash that are on going. Started these in 1998 for my own companies to do good for all people in my own community. This was a couple projects and other orgs we assisted and continue working with. I have received countless awards and recognition for my efforts and others efforts. I'm proud or what I have accomplished and others i have touched. 48d0aa61-50d4-bb8a.jpg48d0aa61-50e9-417c.jpg48d0aa61-513b-1787.jpg

I'm sure some here will turn this post negative as its all about ME ME ME , I'm proud of what I have been able to do for my community hope i can always help my fellow man.

I'm proud that my most recent achievement of NCE joining make a wish with my fellow contractors raising over 5500 and Propowerwash charity Raising over 2200 at the NCE event in Tampa 2011. Of course without others involved your dreams can never happen. Without others supporting you and believing in you its hard to make things like this a reality. I look forward to meeting this young man and thanking him for having a wish thus giving us the strength unite.

Its pretty exciting looking at the future, retire in 2014 may. I look forward to doing more.

wish1.jpg

Something Special is being worked on for all the washers who supported and helped raise the money to make this wish come true.

Ron,

Why not tell us all about the other orgs you served, what you did, etc.

And I did get your text, I was working. Sorry, business first.

Beth

Here's are ongoing work with various children women and organizations we are actively involved in on regulars basis. Each and every month My company and myself helps various organizations.

Edited by Ron Musgraves

I think Ron would make a great president for an Org, he has a lot of experience in this industry and has a passion for what he does. I do feel that working together will be the biggest thing that will make it an sucess.

I think Beth has some valid points that should be consider too, a great president is a great servant, and must be willing to listen and analize things.

I think Ron would make a great president for an Org, he has a lot of experience in this industry and has a passion for what he does. I do feel that working together will be the biggest thing that will make it an sucess.

I think Beth has some valid points that should be consider too, a great president is a great servant, and must be willing to listen and analize things.

Thanks jay for the support, I'm sure this bod will listen and hear its members.

I'm hope I can serve the members and help this industry move forward. With good people willing to help we can move this org to the next level. I hope Jay you can join us.

Ron ********** text me for questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute