Sign in to follow this  
cleanhoods

Rip 1919-2011

Question

My grandmother in law passed away yesterday.My wife and i sat with here during her decline to meet with God. It was so sad but also a blessing. Grandma seen here mother in the yard waiting for her and her sister next to her bed. Grandma was the last of her side of the family. To comfort and watch death is so hard in my eyes,i know its supposed to be but it is a hard thing to do but is an honor to be the one to stay up and make sure Grandma was not in pain during the death process.Tomorrow is the funeral and reception which i was appointed to be an pall berror (dont know how to spell this hope this is right),for me this is a true honor and my 14 year old son has the honor as well.

Please keep our family in your prayers and thoughts for our family.Maw has lived a great life of 92 years and was an awesome woman and will be greatly missed. We all love you Maw Frye!

Rest In Peace Martha Leota Frye 1919-2011

Marko

13 answers to this question

My grandmother in law passed away yesterday.My wife and i sat with here during her decline to meet with God. It was so sad but also a blessing. Grandma seen here mother in the yard waiting for her and her sister next to her bed. Grandma was the last of her side of the family. To comfort and watch death is so hard in my eyes,i know its supposed to be but it is a hard thing to do but is an honor to be the one to stay up and make sure Grandma was not in pain during the death process.Tomorrow is the funeral and reception which i was appointed to be an pall berror (dont know how to spell this hope this is right),for me this is a true honor and my 14 year old son has the honor as well.

Please keep our family in your prayers and thoughts for our family.Maw has lived a great life of 92 years and was an awesome woman and will be greatly missed. We all love you Maw Frye!

Rest In Peace Martha Leota Frye 1919-2011

Marko

God Bless her Marko. I am glad you were there, if you werent you would always feel bad that you weren't. I held my mothers hand and kissed on her on and off for hours right up to her last breathe. She knew my brother and I were there and a few times she forced out the words " I love you". It was horrible to lose such a wonderful women, but I sure am glad we were there for her. Your Grandmother in law, loves you for being there for her.

Hey Marko sorry for your loss. We just did the same thing with Kath's Dad. It's very tough thing to go thru but to know your love one was comfortable and free of pain and as they begin to leave this world it's an honor to be there for them. We all will be there ourselves one day and it's good to know we have love ones around us now. May she rest in peace.

Thank you...all of you. Yes the emotions was up and down a bunch , yes it is an honor to just be a part of maws life all the way to the end on this earth,but we will meet her again in paradise. And the songs that was sang in the church man they was so beautiful,but sad my emotions really got the best of me there as well. I am so honored to have been a part of maws life and am so grateful for the friends here,your hearts are big hearts and great people and i thank you for your personal stories as well ,your sympathies ,your love ,and just being there. And now her body can rest in piece.

Marko

@ JohnT May God bless your family as well for your father in laws passing our love and prayers sent to your family.