Question

5 answers to this question

I guess it really depends on how much work you intend do with it. Is it going to a be a regular thing? Large areas more than small. As with most things in life you get what you pay for. If it's in the budget get the one thats going to last, & not give you grief everytime you pull the trigger. Also, consider your machines flow rate. Will it power the surface cleaner to it's optimum performance? Try as many demo models as you can. Good luck.

What size machine do you have - GPM and PSI? Just curious, is it hot or cold water? If you are just doing driveways, sidewalks, and patios you can probably get by with a cold water unit in most cases.

Have you ever used a surface cleaner? If so, was it a floater or wheeled?

One suggestion would be to rent one for your next job or see if your local supplier will let you demo one. Ensure it is "tipped" to your machine. If possible, demo one of each.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Agreed Trickey,

Depends on the size of your machine. The #1 mistake I see folks making, is buying a surface cleaner "Larger" than the machine they're rated for.

4 gpm machine...16" surface cleaner

5 gpm machine...20-24" surface cleaner

6-8 gpm machine... 24-30" surface cleaner

I agree that the size of the surface cleaner depends on the GPM of your machine. I have owned them all over the years and for the type of work that you said you are doing we use Floating surface cleaners. The wheels are great on the larger units for commercial work but the floating units are easier to use on residential and small comercial work.

When we started out we did well with General pumps Hammer head surface cleaner they are 19"-20". They where priced reasonable in the $300 range. If you are doing more volume I would recommend the Wisper Wash Classic. They are very durable and can be found around $700. They are well worth the price. We run this unit runs very well on all machines up to 8 GPM.

Good Luck!

John