Sign in to follow this  
John T

A true legend David Olsen RIP

Question

This was Davids wife's post on PWN bb about Davids passing... .

Hello,This is Peggy Olson, Dave's wife. I deeply regret to inform this wonderful Forum that Dave passed away on December 23, 2011, from lung cancer.

Dave got many hours of enjoyment conversing with all of you on many different topics and threads. Thank you so much for your friendship with him!

God bless you all, and keep up the good work and great conversations!

Peggy Olson

5 answers to this question

This is so sad. I looked up to Dave like many did. We exchanged many emails back in the day. He always helped me when I ran into propane issues because his trucks, and what Trucks they were, had propane set-ups. He had the most advanced, professional setups I ever seen in those two box trucks.

I had the honor to meet him and we talked for hours at Celeste and Rogers Roundtable about 6 yrs ago. Dave rose as high as an executive board member in the PWNA when he left in the mid 90's. He was a world of knowledge. A truly honest man. He told me things there that were deeply personal within this industry. If Celeste seen this thread I pretty much missed 90% of her RT because me and David just talked and talked. He was a passionate person who cared about others deeply.

I learned alot from him and looked up to him as many did. He will be deeply missed. Gone but never forgotten.

I remember Dave. Rod and I first met him in 1999 a the PWNA convention in Baltimore. Great guy. I remember talking to him also at Celeste's round table, and at other industry PWNA events. We all talked to him on the forums. He was an incredibly nice person. I am so sorry to hear this news. I know we will miss him. Our industry has lost a leader, and an icon.

Beth

I've known Dave since 1997, he was close to my family and my birth place in blue island il. Dave was a leader & innovator in our industry.

I remember Dave a someone with real concern for others. I remember Dave's corvette and love for old tractors. When I last spoke with him in November he was playing around with his tractors and talking about a show. He loved people and talking to them.

Dave was a friend and truly a man that will be missed.

I wish Dave's family peace.

Ron ********** text me for questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute

Here is Peggy Olson's latest post on PWN.

Thank you all so much!

Dave really enjoyed the chats and meeting, via forums, phone, and in person, many members. He loved sharing his knowledge and experiences, and learned so much from all of you, as well! His Power washing business was his love, along with his antique tractors! "Do what you love, and love what you do" could certainly describe Dave!

Thank you for your thoughtful responses and your prayers. They are very much appreciated!

God bless you all,

Peggy Olson