Sign in to follow this  
Neighborly Services

How do you guys price Brick homes compared to vinyl?

Question

Occasionally a customer will ask "do you do brick". I think they might actually be asking "could you give me a price that doesn't include the brick". My answer in the past has been that we clean everything, not only what you can see but we'll be killing the spores. Plus the cleaning solution on your eves will run down onto the brick and it will need rinsing anyway.

Well, I have a small group of houses that I want to clean and I was asked this again by one of the residents. Now that I have electric pumps for chemicals I can clean more specific areas. I’m reconsidering my marketing approach for this neighborhood.

Any suggestions?

7 answers to this question

Occasionally a customer will ask "do you do brick". I think they might actually be asking "could you give me a price that doesn't include the brick". My answer in the past has been that we clean everything, not only what you can see but we'll be killing the spores. Plus the cleaning solution on your eves will run down onto the brick and it will need rinsing anyway.

Well, I have a small group of houses that I want to clean and I was asked this again by one of the residents. Now that I have electric pumps for chemicals I can clean more specific areas. I’m reconsidering my marketing approach for this neighborhood.

Any suggestions?

We charge the same to detail soffits and gutters on a brick house as we charge for a basic wash on vinyl. We've never been asked by a brick customer if their job would be a different price if it was vinyl.

People buy what you sell them. Do not worry yourself about the price differences that the customers may not even think about.

Thanks for the feedback! How does this sound?

I'll work on my brick pitch; instead of lowering my regular house wash price for detailing the soffits like I was considering, I guess I’ll keep it the same price and charge extra for thorough brick cleaning as more of an add-on.

Let me rephrase my question -- on a brick home, would you charge the same price for cleaning just the eaves as you would for cleaning the entire house?

For example, in this video Bob is only washing the trim...would this be priced the same as washing the entire house?

Low pressure high volume chemical pump spraying - YouTube

Let me rephrase my question -- on a brick home, would you charge the same price for cleaning just the eaves as you would for cleaning the entire house?

For example, in this video Bob is only washing the trim...would this be priced the same as washing the entire house?

Low pressure high volume chemical pump spraying - YouTube

The price to do a basic wash on a vinyl house is the same as to detail the eaves and brighten the gutters on a brick house. On the brick house, the level of service includes a detailed gutter scrub which is not included in the basic vinyl wash.

I will wash whatever the client is willing to pay for, but I do have few standards. I do not charge anything to wash the brick if I am hired to only wash the eaves. However, I charge enough for the eave wash that I don't mind rinsing off the brick. :)

It feels funny to have spent more time typing this response than I have spent talking to customers about this issue over the last several years.

Is it really an issue for you or are you just curious?