Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

2012 Sealer/Stain Poll - Which one(s) are you using this year?

Which sealer / stain are you using in 2012?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which sealer / stain are you using in 2012?

• TWP
    • Armstrong Clark
    • Ready Seal
    • Olympic
    • Flood (CWF, or other)
    • Sikkens (SRD, or other)
    • Cabot's (ATO, or other)
    • Behr
    • Olympic
    • Sherwin Williams
    • Penofin
    • Messmers
    • Extreme Solutions (Wood Tux, or other)
    • Other ( share in thread)
    • Baker's

Question

Sorry folks, last year I didn't get the poll posted, it was suggested, but I never had time and those who suggested it must not have either. But it's a wild, wacky, wonderful new year in wood-care and we all have much to be thankful for. So as you plan your season, what product(s) are you using on decks? Why?

Share your work. Show it off. you work hard, your customers are happy, the decks look awesome, tell us about it. These forums are open and homeowners love to look (and lurk) as much as you do.

And now, to the much anticipated, long awaited, 2012 sealer/stain poll. Work well. And as I like to say... ROCK ON THAT WOOD!

Beth

15 answers to this question

Just over 7 months on my own test deck with TWP and I am a believer. Deck still looks absolutely perfect, yet it got the exact same prep I do on all my decks - including all the decks that resulted

in premature failures. Gotta love Manufacturing support when they accuse your preparation as the cause to their products failure. TWP has my money from here on out.

Just checking out the 2010 poll, which you can see right here - http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/wood-cleaning-restoration-decks-fences-etc/19638-what-sealer-s-you-using-2010-a.html

and the thing I find most interesting is to see how much ground TWP has made since then to now. Nobody publicly mentions the stuff all that much, no jumping on the bandwagon threads about the product either. And yet, it's gained a lot of ground - that says a lot about what Contractors behind the scenes are thinking about the various different products despite the public 'pumpings' that go on these boards.

TWP users, what series are you using?

Thanks in advance for your response.

When we use TWP we use both 100 Series and 1500 Series. We have had very good results with the 1500 Series. Not sure why others have not.

Here is my deck which I put the 1515 Honeytone. This was applied late fall 2010

post-948-137772419224_thumb.jpg

post-948-137772419217_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scott Paul

Here are some pictures of Armstrong Sierra Redwood. We applied it two years ago. Deck is full sun all day long. I was impressed with the color retention. In the past we used TWP 102 Redwood and the AC outperformed it on this particular deck.

post-948-137772419579_thumb.jpg

post-948-137772419584_thumb.jpg

We like AC but for us to order online is a PITA its all about availability and that's why paint stores and big box stores sell so much deck stain. Anyway here's a nice IPE deck we did with AC semi cedar. Would like to say TY to Scott for the TWP brochures.

post-7950-137772424931_thumb.jpg

post-7950-13777242474_thumb.jpg

post-7950-137772424762_thumb.jpg

post-7950-137772424783_thumb.jpg

post-7950-137772424857_thumb.jpg

If you keep your color options limited it is easy to keep stocked up. You need to try to the Armstrong Clark Mahogany on Ipe, really looks great

.Thanks we have sampled it out even looked good on PT... as for stocking up people here are a very tough seel on products they never heard of but we try to educate and do have sample baords for sales calls as well as before and afters..

Anyone using Flood CWF-UV5. I did a sample deck with it and it looked great for 5 years, till the homeowner's son-in-law

got a hold of it. I use Ready Seal, but I was thinking about trying the CWF-UV5 again.