Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

What's in your "Bug-Out Bag"?

Question

17 answers to this question

Bathing suit, cooler, shot glass, bottle opener, cowboy hat, flip flops (well actually, those just stay on my feet all the time), music if possible, pistol.

Edited by Celeste
Because I come back for fun threads!

Keep the pistol, shot glass, and bottle opener. Get rid of the rest since you keep your flip flops on your feet. Add some bug spray, anti biotics, and ammunition for that pistol, and some MRE's.

Now, Beth don't tell me you and Rod don't have one.

Get started on one, and quick !!!!!

I'll let others chime in...

Nah, I like my bag just the way it is :) Pistol stays loaded - not packing extra ammo - bugs don't like me, plenty of natural antibiotics to be found and hell no to MRE's.....I know where I'd bug to, plenty plenty of food to be found :)

What's a bug out bag?

Inquiring minds....

Beth

Beth, we get high winds and hurricane issues around here alot. It's basically a preparedness and survival kit to last for a week or so if you have to split the scene in a hurry.

You know.....

Solar flares.....

....Zombies........

Apocalypse......

Election season.......lol!!!

Nah, I like my bag just the way it is :) Pistol stays loaded - not packing extra ammo - bugs don't like me, plenty of natural antibiotics to be found and hell no to MRE's.....I know where I'd bug to, plenty plenty of food to be found :)

You say that now......

matches lighters tasers stun guns letter opener, KA military hunting knife, EXTRA AMMO

I can employ my trailer if need be.......

Extra change of clothes, (sweats) toilet paper, food, water purifier, medicine and first aid kit, a couple of tarps, hand sanitizer, leatherman, wind up flash lights and wind up radio, stuff to trade. No guns or ammo.

We put one together after 9/11 because of all the rumors that were happening, and we are down wind of a nuke plant. Since that time, we have just rotated the food, and from time to time fire up the flash lights and radios. Once you have it, it is simple to maintain. We have had to put larger clothes in as our kids got bigger.

Extra change of clothes, (sweats) toilet paper, food, water purifier, medicine and first aid kit, a couple of tarps, hand sanitizer, leatherman, wind up flash lights and wind up radio, stuff to trade. No guns or ammo.

We put one together after 9/11 because of all the rumors that were happening, and we are down wind of a nuke plant. Since that time, we have just rotated the food, and from time to time fire up the flash lights and radios. Once you have it, it is simple to maintain. We have had to put larger clothes in as our kids got bigger.

+1

See I'm with Celeste. If' I'm packing a bag, it's for a getaway, because I'm DONE having it be the trip to the hospital bag. Did that twice.

Beach bag works for me. Tomorrow I pack a Roundtable bag.

Beth

A better question is, if something does happen, where you have to evacuate and your family is separated, do you have a meeting spot? I am far from paranoid, but I do like being prepared.

As for the hospital bag, or weekender, I don't worry about it. My wife loves me, and takes care of it for me. Of course, that is also because I am usually tying up last minute loose ends.

The only problem with that, Scott, is that historically the guy who bugged out with only a gun in his bag is likely to offer to trade your life for your bag. Bug out times change people.

doomsday-preppers is the best show! if you guys haven't watched it its on discovery channel. some of the people are crazy on there, well actually most of the people are! Check it out its pretty funnny

The only problem with that, Scott, is that historically the guy who bugged out with only a gun in his bag is likely to offer to trade your life for your bag. Bug out times change people.

Honestly, I think I am not super concerned about that, because I officially do not have a gun...;)

My bug-out depends on the situation. If there is an hour or two, food,water, fuel, gen set, cold weather gear go in the Sprinter. Then a trip to the shop to get the camp trailer. If weapons were loaded, the same brand and model as Scotts. if the **** really hits the fan, nothing is going to save your butte. The immediate problem is food and heat. In most homes, the heat goes off immediatly, the water within 24 hours. The average grocery store is refilled every 2 or 3 days. Withing a week, if you are still alive and in a city, sanitation and dead bodies become a real disaster.