Sign in to follow this  
Mike

PWNA Columbus Convention Questions

Question

I was on the PWNA website getting some information on the convention in Columbus. But it did not answer a few questions I had...

Cost to get into the Convention?

Cost of Seminars?

Why all the Seminars seem to be planned atr the SAME time, not making it very easy to attend more then one?

:confused:

12 answers to this question

Hi Mike,

The final convention schedule is not 100% cast in stone, but it is always a challenge to get it set up so that everyone can maximize their attendance.

The prices should be on the brochure on the web site...let me find you the right link.

http://www.pwna.org/convention_shows/events.htm

If this doesn't have pricing, then stay tuned, I know the headquarters is in the midst of several deadlines for getting things printed and out in the mail (and online)

Hope this helps, and please let me know if I can answer anything else for you.

Beth

Hey Beth, thanks for the link. Thats the page I was on earlier, but I dont see anything about a price to attend the convention or prices to attend seminars if extra.

Hey Mike,

I'm not sure if the prices for the Convention have been set yet either. I can tell you that if your a PWNA member you do get a discount price for the Convention. As soon as Beth and any of us find out anything further we will have it posted here and on other bb's.

You can also call the PWNA headquarters to see if they have the prices set-up yet and to see if they can send you any info that you need such as the Convention registration etc. There phone number is 800-393-7962

I'll see what I can do to get you some more info.

Thanks for the help and the information. I guess things are still in the planning stages. I know theres still 4 months to go but I like to try and plan ahead, and would like to attend a few of the seminars and get more information on the PWNA. I'll keep checking, and if you find anything out about prices, let me know. THANKS!

Is anyone else going from around the Indiana area?

Mike

Found thr prices on the PWNA website. 3 day pass was 375.00 for members and 545.00 for non members. This includes seminars and breakfast, but not boot camps.

As a guy just getting started in the PW business, I would like to hear from others that have been to PWNA conventions and hear if you feel the money you spent was worth it.

1 problem I have is alot of the seminars for "newbies" are all sceduled on the same day, same time. 1-4 pm. I wish they were a little more spread out so I could attend more then just 1 of them for 545.00

Thanks for the input.

Mike

Mike,

You won't regret investing the money to attend the convention. I always come away from these functions with more than I thought possible. The opportunity is there for you, and anyone else, to do the same.

In my opinion, you cannot afford to miss this convention.

Consider joining the PWNA and registering for the convention at the same time. Assuming you are already considering a cost of $545, investing an additional $25 to become a member ($375 to register plus $195 to join) adds up to a great value.

Help me understand if my math is right...

As a PWNA Member here's what it'll cost for Pam & I to attend... Bringing the family to this event (keeping in mind that most P/W businesses are family affairs) is retarded to even consider at these rates...Yes, I used the politically incorrect term -----> RETARDED!

Entrance to the facility $675.00

Wood Boot Camp & Test $845.00 (Only one of us gets to go)

Enviro Boot Camp & Test $650.00 (The other one of us gets to go)

Hotel room for the long weekend $400.00

Airfare for 2 roundtrip $ 475.00

Rental car for the weekend $ 175.00

Social functions $415.00 (better be some DAMN fine food.....)

Miscellaneous $300.00

Package price...... $3925.00

I guess the schedule is arranged so that it's impossible to attend more than one boot camp or training program is set up that way to save us some money.. Keep us under the $1000.00 per day limit so we don't go broke I guess... :rolleyes:

If both of us could attend both camps, we' be closing in fast on $5000.00 for 3 fun filled days in Columbus...in the midst of the winter doldrums.... Suddenly a trip to Vegas for the weekend seems to pale in comparison....

Hi Pam & Cujo,

I'm not sure you have your number correct....

Most meals are included in the convention registration. The reason they are listed is so they can be purched by themselves is if someone brings a family member who is not attending, they have prices just for the meals when they are most likely to join their family.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

FULL REGISTRATION

MEMBER & NON-MEMBER full registration includes the Keynote Speaker Marty Grunder, all seminars, the trade show, the trade show lunch, kick off breakfast, social evening, 2 continental breakfasts and roundtables, and the awards banquet. Also, if you want to purchase additional meal or event tickets such as the Ladies Tea (not included in Full Registration) for your family or special guests, you may order extra tickets below. This package does not include contest entries or the Boot Camps fees.

EARLY BIRD (prior to Feb. 1, 2005) Member $375 first attendee/$300 each additional attendee

Non-member $545 first attendee/$425 each additional attendee

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you join PWNA you save on attendance and on the bootcamps. PWNA is offering 13 months of membership for the annual fee price from Dec. 1st to March 15th.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Discover Columbus - Convention Boot Camps

March 17-19, 2005

University Plaza Hotel

3110 Olentangy River Rd * Columbus, Ohio 43202

Call 614-267-7461 to make room reservations -- $99.00 per night Fully register for the convention, a boot camp, and certification exam and receive a 15% discount on their full convention registration!

NOTE: Non-members can join and receive the Member rate -- visit the PWNA web site, www.pwna.org.

Choose: Member or Non-member

WOOD Boot Camp FEES 1st Company Rep

Add'l Company Reps (2-9; over 10 call for price)

Total Attending

Wood Boot Camp (includes study materials) Member -- $400

Non-member -- $550 Member -- $320

Non-member -- $470

Wood Certification Exam Member -- $250

Non-member -- $350 Member -- $250

Non-member -- $$350

Environmental Boot Camp FEES 1st Company Rep

Add'l Company Reps (2-9; over 10 call for price)

Total Attending

Environmental Boot Camp Member -- $400

Non-member -- $550 Member -- $320

Non-member -- $470

Environmental Certification Exam Member -- $250

Non-member -- $350 Member -- $250

Non-member -- $$350

Environmental Study Manual(s) REQUIRED* $195 plus $12.50 s/h

Kitchen Boot Camp Member AND Non-member Price

Total Attending

In conjunction with Phil Ackland Holdings -- price includes study materials and certification test. $799

NOTE: To get the 15% discount mentioned above please click the 'Add Convention Registration' button below and follow the directions, otherwise click the 'Complete Boot Camp Registration' button to complete this form.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In our opinion it is worth it. We atteended our first convention in October of 1999. We had begun to do business the beginning of that year. That October we learned what we were doing right, what we were doing wrong, and how to better proceed. If anyone thinks they learn alot on these BBS's, well, in our expereince what you learn at the convention is far greater than what you learn here. The networking, the information sharing, the advice from those who are seasoned and successful, the brainstorming and idea sharing, it's all wonderful. It's like being dropped into a think tank for a few days.

Also we never rent a car, since airport shuttles are available for a low cost and with all the activities you rarely go far from the hotel.

Hope this helps.

Beth

Beth, I guess the one problem I had was alot of all the seminars for beginners are on the same day, at the same time 1-4pm. I realize it is impossible to attend every seminar and or boot camp, but I guess looking at it from a new guys eyes, it would be more appealing to see the "beginner" seminars spread out so we could at least attend 2 of them and not have them all on thrusday from 1-4? Just my .2