Sign in to follow this  
One Tough Pressure

Insurance Cancelled

Got a letter today, Certified Mail from my Insurance Carrier. Scared me to death because of the Certified part.

A brief note saying that they are cancelling my policy at expiration, due to them not covering this type of Business anymore.

Now why in the world, would they do that? I need to shop around now and see if I can get covered under Janitorial Cleaning for a better rate. Anyone else covered this way, for Pressure Cleaning alone?

I got the exact same notice a few weeks ago stating that when my Insurance expires on May 16th(My birthday) I no longer will have Insurance thru Nationwide. Some Birthday present. :mad:

I Don't know what I'm going to do about this yet. I have a guy looking into this and hopefully I will have new insurance soon.

The post effects of 9-11. Insurance in general has sky rocketed because of this tradegy. When you put it into proper prospective its miniscule compared to the other tragic stories surrounding 9-11 but never the less a pain regardless.

I could be wrong on my assumption about this but its what I've been hearing over the last year or so that insurances will go up all across the board due to this tradegy. Also some insurance companies along with raising there rates bigtime are also re-thinking about what they will and won't insure in the future.

Its like a ripple effect that is going on here. Powerwashing insurance was probably effected by this due to its considered risky in the first place(I never agreed with this) and now with a major tradegy Insurance companies are dropping what they consider risky insurance or at least raising there rates alot.

I also heard this from others. Its Ironic how Insurance in general has gone up so much after 9-11 and how some companies won't even insure things that they use to insure.

What do you suppose is the reason why our insurance has been dropped??

I deal with two different independant agents, and both have told me that many insurance companies are pulling out of the pressure washing biz.

My policy is currently thru Employers Mutual Company (EMC) and I hope it gets renewed.

Heard nothing yet and mine is due for renewal soon too.

Now not sure I want to call my agent or wait for the Dear John letter.

What bugs me is even if we have a clean record, no claims for years we get cut off.

All they want are accounts that they make money off, not those that cost them.

So that being the case just what in heck is insurance anyway if not to protect us?

Jon

Our agent explained to us that all insurance was going up across the board. He said to expect rates to go up 30%! Guess what? They did. We are switching from having another company be our agent to having him do it for us for all of our policies. You can save money that way.

Beth

Does someone have a phone number or e-mail address for Joe Walters? I sent him an e-mail thru Delcos board, but have not heard back in quite a few weeks. Not sure if he got it or not, and all the links for him on Delco and pwna are for the dcs1.com of Delco.

Thanks for the help.

I was dropped by State Farm last year, So I went with Joe Walters. It seems that he is the only one that will insure our business now.

OTP Hrere is the info.

Joseph D. Walters Insurance Agency Inc.

2706 S. Park Road

Bethel Park PA. 15102

1-800-878-3808

(412) 831- 8222

FAX (412) 831 - 7498

www.dcs1.com/jwalters/

Hope this helps

Bob

Don't e-mail Joe Walters you will be just wasting your time. Call him instead. You will probably get one of his agents. The one I dealt with her name is Sue. I got an excellent Policy with 2,000,000 coverage and also insured some of my Powerwashing equipment also thru them.

Total for all of this is $1265/yr. Great deal considering my own agent was trying to get me to insure again thru him for $3,000+/yr.

I called Joe Walters office and spoke with Sue, a short time later Joe personally called me back and we went over everything, then a few hours later Sue called with a great price.

Their quote was $500 plus less then I was paying a local pressure washer insurance agency here is CA.

There are a couple others here in CA. but would not use them since they are also doing pressure washing and flat work at that, I don't support competitors that moonlight as insurance agents.

I would recommend Joe Walters to anyone that needs insurance for pressure washing.

Jon

I received a non-renewal notice also. But you know what is interesting? The agent has not called or e-mailed for alternate options. You would think that if they were on the ball, a follow-up with an alternative would be offered. Sounds like they don't need my business. It's always amazing for me on how agents talk themselves right out of your account.

I had an agent for 20 years and I called them for business insurance a couple of years ago and was told that it was too expensive for me so they wouldn't even get me a quote. Imagine that! I was speechless! How could someone be so bold as to determine for a customer what is too expensive and what is not? Needless to say that I hesitated, but after a brief cooling-down period I switched all of my policies to a different agent.

Hey, call me mamma's boy, whiner (my emergency number is whine-1-1), spoiled, etc., but I like to be treated special. After all, I treat all my customers that way. Why shouldn't I expect the same in return?

I pay 400 a year for a one mil, 2 mil ag policy. I will dig up their number and post it soon. Actually I won't post it here. If you want info on my insurance company, send me an email and I will send you the info.

I have very good reasons for not posting the info.

mcappa@adelphia.net

Our agent explained to us that all insurance was going up across the board. He said to expect rates to go up 30%! Guess what? They did. We are switching from having another company be our agent to having him do it for us for all of our policies. You can save money that way.

Beth

Hi Beth,

Who are you all using for all your insurance stuff? Were going through service magic now and they will give us one bill that covers everything. I personally feel their service for insurance sucks and it seems to expensive to me. I used to use erie but kept having problems with commercial vehicle insurance.

What about medical insurance and other stuff.

Henry

Hi Henry,

Had things crop up this past year that kept me from getting to all the the intended to do items. Also trying to find an agent that works at the same speed I do, the current one moves too slow for me. Still have too many companies for various things in my opinion. If I find a good all-in-one agent I'll pass the info to you.

Beth

There is a reason for all of this. #1 State,Federal and Local agencys getting ready to come down on all the pressure washing companies ( Source: Steny Hoyer, Maryland Represenative, Clean Water Act) # 2 Several Insurance claims hit Nationwide Insurance (2003) for Deck Replacement, siding replacement, roof replacement etc.... # 3 Thompson's and Behr Lawsuits that hit the market in 2002 & 2003.

These are the reasons. Believe it on State, Federal and Local. Steny is a friend of the family.

Dont ask me what to do, because I do not have a clue. Looks like we may all have to go insuranceless for a couple of years. Although I have not received notice from State Farm as of yet. Maybe due to being with them since 1996 ?

No claims here either and got a letter today saying some BS about under the provisions of Pennsylvania Act 86-1986 my rates might go up.

I have to laugh at the MIGHT GO UP, yeah sure tell me when things go down?

So I can expect Joe Walters to inform me of that 30% increase soon enough.

As long as I am insured and not canceled that is a plus. Still why increase all of us across the board if only a very few have claims.

Let those that cuase the damage pay for it.

Jon

Originally posted by James

I started in window cleaning and my agent put me into Janitorial many years ago. When I added pressure cleaning he kept me there. I never had a claim.

For some reason I thought someone said that we should not be under janitorial, not sure why though. Anyone know?

HELP!!!!!

just got a quote from farm bureau which includes $7000 coverage for equipement, 500 deduc.

1/2 mil - 1 mil ag = $2496

1 mil - 2 mil ag = $2651 anual

is this over the edge or what!

can someone shoot me in the right direction. i'm just getting started and i think that is a little insane.