Sign in to follow this  
mobileoneservices

Pool Deck Stains

Question

I have a customer with a new pool, less than 12 months old. The oak trees seem to be dropping debris and staining the concrete. I washed it today with a commercial concrete cleaner with no luck. Also tried wood brightener and had no luck. Any ideas on how to remove these stains? I'm trying to avoid any muriatic acid due to the damaging effects it has on the concrete.

Thanks,

Scott

post-2191-137772422737_thumb.jpg

Scott Martindill

Mobile One Services

www.MobileOneServices.com

Kensington, MD

Edited by mobileoneservices
adding signature

9 answers to this question

Scott do not use muriatic acid on that because the risk is to great. You can carve(etch) that concrete like a Christmas tree if your not careful. Is that a salt water or chlorinated water pool? If it's just the typical chlorinated pool did you try doing a spot with liquid(chlorine) which is 2.5x the strength of regular bleach? I'm only saying this because if it's a regular pool they shock them with liquid Chlorine. If your saying bleach and Oxilic acid is't working then you can step it up a notch with liquid chlorine which won't hurt the pool if it gets in there..

I can't tell with my I Pad but is that like tree sap or just stains on the concrete?

First of all, are you using cold water or hot water? If you are using cold, try hot.

Second of all, add some degreaser to that bleach, in other words try it as a house wash mix. After cleaning then apply some oxalic. Then rinse. We get stains like that out of concrete all the time.

Beth