Sign in to follow this  
hammer17

What's really needed for residential jobs

Question

What machine do I need for residential work including a surface cleaner. Have talked with some locals that seem not really sure.Please help!

Edited by hammer17

11 answers to this question

First of what type of Budget are you on to start out with? It would be good to have a hot water machine to be used when your need some deep cleaning and gum popping on concrete for example. But those machines aren't cheap.

At the very least for residential cleaning I would suggest a 4gpm Belt driven 3000psi cold water Powerwasher with a 5.5 gpm being a more preferable choice but will cost more of course. On the first Powerwasher I would get around a 20" surface machine for it but nothing bigger. The second one which would be the prefered choice a 24" surface machine would work perfectly.

How will a surface cleaner work with cold water for driveways and sidewalks I know hot is better but is it really necessaryfor non greasy surfaces. I've read post for people saying the use nothing but hot and others saying they sold there hot machines.looking for help so that the money spent goes the right direction!

'Tis better to have & not use, than need it to do a job & not have it.

Oh I just love that quote!!! Hitting the like button!!!