Sign in to follow this  
lapressurewashing

Been Using M5 X-jet, looking for more! Advice Please.

Question

Ok, I have been lurking in the shadows reading countless threads On TGS and I love it. Been doing residential and some commercial for about 2 years. The last 8 months I have grown significantly and keep putting the money back into the business. I am a full time Fire Fighter so this is my Full time side job. MY CURRENT QUESTION. I am about to upgrade to an enclosed 6x12 double axle trailer and looking to add hose reels, hose etc.... I have been using my x jet for the last year and man o man how awesome it helps.. However; I would love to have a pump on the trailer pushing my preferred chemicals down 200 +/- ft Kuri tec hose. I am tired of luggin around the 7 gal pail of chemicals with 25 ft hose. I would like to know if i should just look into the fatboy system that pushes 5gpm and use it for house cleaning and roof cleaning when I get into that? Not many pressure washing companies or suppliers around here except oil field type stuff, so I am limited on advice I can find locally. Please, any advice would be nice.... Btw, somehow I have been making ends meet with a VERY SMALL 4x6 enclosed trailer packed to the gills with "2 machines, chemicals, surface cleaner, ladder attached to side, hose attatched to other side, pressure hose attached to the door... MANY MANY more things shoved "organized" withing the trailer. Really looking forward to hose reels and plenty of hose...

I appreciate constructive criticism, so please ANY advice.

16 answers to this question

P.S I dont want to Down Stream. I dont want the chemicals in my hose and dont want to have to push over 200' of chemicals to get rinse water.... My goal is One pressure hose with most likely xjet tip for rinsing, and One Yellow chemical hose..... That would be Ideal.... I would be in love...

Friend i don't think you really understand down streaming or it's effects on equipment, which are very minimal. We have ds'ed down 200' of hose for years and it doesn't affect hose at all. We started with the M-5 years ago but found ds'ing was faster and better than the x- jet for what we do which is building and house washing.

So you're gonna pull 2 hoses, 1 to chem treat the house then 1 to rinse? Sorry sounds like wasted time to me.

Believe those previous posts. XJet the high stuff and downstream everything else. It takes seconds to clear those hoses out.

Doesn't matter about % of bleach Buddy, we've ds'ed with 6 % and got great results. Just learn to understand your mixes and ratios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. I will be calling bob at PT. I need to down stream at least 10:1 which I did not think was possible. I cannot find any 12.5 sh locally so I need a higher ratio injector.

We downstream 12% cut in half with water, with Simple Cherry added. So if you get weaker bleach, use less water.

I use the xjet and a 15 gallon drum strapped to a dolly and wheel around the cleaners. I've never downstreamed. My first machine I bought back in 1994, the guy said it wasn't the way to go. So you guys that are downstreaming, do you have to go back to the machine every time you want to start soap/stop soap? I like the remote control idea, but if I remember right, they're pretty salty. Any links?

If you are hauling around a dolly of chemicals for housewashing, walking back to the machine is about the last thing I would worry about.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Just swap the tips for a 40 degree when you're finished; What could be easier? The worst thing that could happen is to drop the chemical tip on the grass and spend 10inutes looking for it.

Ok, question from another X-jetter. I like the X-jet for the low pressure way I can lay the water on the siding. Couldn't I down stream using the soap nozzle, and keep the X-jet for rinsing? (Am using a 4gpm 4000psi unit). Also, is there an adjustable ds pickup out there?

You need to Get a j-rod from bob with two soap tips and two rinse tips welded together it looks crazy at the end of your wand but its awesome. Those 4 tips are what I use 90% of the time and my ladder saver tip. And there is almost no need to go back to your rig to pull the hose from the soap bucket

It takes a total of 10 seconds for the rinse water to work it's way down 200 feet of hose. Use those 10 seconds and the remaining soap in the hose to your advantage, and you will find yourself a lot more productive DS'ing vs X jetting. I agree with Guy, pulling to hoses, dropping your soap hose to get your rinse hose many times over on a job, is an an unnecessary waste of time AND MONEY.