Sign in to follow this  
KGILL

retaining wall pricing

Question

I understand that prices are different based on markets, overhead, etc....

But I just got back from a potential customer's house to take measurements. I know how to price everything but a retaining wall. As of yet, I do not know my productivity rate for retaining walls. I am thinking about pricing it on par with my flatwork pricing, if not slightly higher.

Besides algea it should be an easy clean. There is no efflorescence, rust, other type of stains, and no PITA factors.

With retaining walls, do you price along your concrete pricing?

I'm not looking for a price per sq ft, or a set price but I would welcome it. I am just trying to see if my thoughts on pricing compared to concrete flatwork is appropriate.

Edited by KGILL

4 answers to this question

Keenan, based on what you are describing I would probably price it close to how I would price a wood fence. As you know, a lot would also depend on how close the wall is to the other areas I am cleaning, how tall it is, and total sq footage. I also don't think you could go wrong pricing it in with your concrete pricing since it sounds fairly easy to clean.

On par with wood cleaning? I guess I could have charged more but this wall should not take any time at all and the total job house, drivway, walkway, etc is paying pretty well.

On par with wood cleaning? I guess I could have charged more but this wall should not take any time at all and the total job house, drivway, walkway, etc is paying pretty well.

Yes, on par w Wood Fence Cleaning which to me takes no time at all either. SOunds like you got it priced right. Good Luck.