Sign in to follow this  
adco

Two gun System vs. One gun System

Question

I saw an advertisement from Envirospec where they had a special price for a dual system, 30 Hp. Kohler with pump, that produces 5 gal. 3500 psi for two users or 10 gal. for one user. What are the pros and cons for using a duel system vs. using two separate engines. The engine setup would save room on my flatbed but I'd like to hear other opinions.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

I have used many machines over the years. 8GPM is the largest we've owned. You might be ok with 10, but my 8 GPM machine seems pretty weak when two guys are using it. I primarily use it now with bigger surface cleaners and can rip through concrete. It's usually kind of a PITA when two guys are using one machine too... and one guy might need to use cold water while the other needs hot.

I'd also stick to using two separate machines. If one goes down, you have the other. You don't have pressure spikes as you do with two-gun operation. You can choose your temperature. It's easier to keep hoses separated. For us it just made more sense.

I would run two seperate machines.That way you always have a backup if one goes down.

+100.....Hitting the like button!

I was hoping to get an order for a dual-pump 45hp 14gpm-4000psi system with dual heaters..

But, the guy opted for TWO separate 7gpm 4000 psi diesel-engine systems..

running 30hp water-cooled 4cyl.diesels @ 3000 rpm to keep noise down.

I have to like his attitude, he's letting me put a 23hp diesel Vacuum next to it.

All "teir 4" enviro-friendly, and capable of running crazy-long hoses..

LOTS of performance on a 16ft trailer. Eh?

:{)

All that makes a lot of sense. There's nothing worse than a machine that barely has enough volume to do the job. If I go with two engines I'll just have to be creative with equipment placement. Here is a pic of the truck I'll be redoing. I'm going to move the (2) 250 gal. totes one behind the other instead of side by side and mount 3 reels on each side for a two man operation.post-4951-137772427004_thumb.jpg

I went with two machines as opposed to one machine with two guns mainly because of what the others have said. If one goes down you can still finish the job with the other machine. The good news is I haven't had to yet. Also, it is very easy to tie both machines together to get double the volume.

post-2917-137772428475_thumb.jpg

post-2917-137772428468_thumb.jpg