Sign in to follow this  
WashRite

Chemical Injector for a 10 GPM machine?

Question

Does anyone apply chemicals with a 10 GPM+ pressure washer? I have two 5.1 GPM machines that I have tied together to 10.2 GPM but I cant apply chemicals. I have the chemical injectors located just prior to joining the machines. When I run the machines separately the chemical injectors work great but when I run them together they don't pull chemical. I even tried putting a 2.3 injector at the hose reel about 10' away but still couldn't pull chemical.

Is there a larger orifice injector?

Other solutions?

15 answers to this question

Not sure but you could put ds'ers behind your check valves before they come together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether you realized it or not, you've just confronted the limitations of 3/8" hose. You will never get chemical to inject until you upgrade to 1/2" hose with that setup.

Good point Dan. 3/8 hose could create too much back pressure for a chem injector to draw at 10 gpm.

A quick update - I installed the injector but it would not pull with 200' of 3/8 Hose but pulled very well at 100'. I really want (need) to run 200' so I may look at 1/2" hose.

One thing I think would help would be to get a higher GPM trigger gun. I currently use a 10.5 gun but will get a 12 or higher gun to see if that helps. Also, will try to use 150' of hose opposed to 200'. I may could get by with 150'

This is the same problem guys have when they move up to 8 gpm machines and try to match the injector size to gpm using +100 ft. Of hose, it won't pull chem.

Try one more thing........try a 5-8 gpm injector, I think that may work.

A quick update - I installed the injector but it would not pull with 200' of 3/8 Hose but pulled very well at 100'. I really want (need) to run 200' so I may look at 1/2" hose.

One thing I think would help would be to get a higher GPM trigger gun. I currently use a 10.5 gun but will get a 12 or higher gun to see if that helps. Also, will try to use 150' of hose opposed to 200'. I may could get by with 150'

I went through the same thing you just did two years ago. I couldn't get the machines when hooked up together to pull chems through even 100' of line. And I took the hose reel out of the loop to see if it would help. Nothing but nothing would pull chem unless I was just shooting straight out of a 3/8" male hose barb. But I was doing something slightly different as well - I was putting an injecter sized for 5.5gpm machine after each machine before they were joined together. Probably forcing all 10+ gallons through a single injector would get the injector to once pull again. But the limitations is that the max flow through a single injector is 84 ounces of chemical per minute. To a 10 gpm machine that's a downstream rate of 15:1. I don't know about you, but unless I can get my hands on 18% sodium hypochlorite, that's useless to me. That's why you will need 1/2" hose to make the system work well.

My original setup was as you said with injectors after each machine but prior to joining together. I even went down to 1.8 injectors and still nothing.

What if I used 1/2" hose from the pump to the hose reel or even 50' of 1/2" hose after the reel then go down to 3/8" hose?

My original setup was as you said with injectors after each machine but prior to joining together. I even went down to 1.8 injectors and still nothing.

What if I used 1/2" hose from the pump to the hose reel or even 50' of 1/2" hose after the reel then go down to 3/8" hose?

with that setup you'll only pull chems through a 3/8" hose barb - only the single injector after the machines are joined up will work with 3/8" line. But you'll

have to happy with 15-17:1 downstream rate. If you want to stick with 3/8" line and a single injector - you'll have to get a 1 gpm delavan and pump chems through

the chem injectort in order to make it work. If you just want a normal setup - you'll have to resort to all 1/2" hose. And once again you can put an injector after

each machine.

I currently use a 0050 and a 0040 tip to pull chemicals. Would I need to go to a larger tip with 1/2" @ 10gpm

Most definitely - get drills and core those tips out until the chems draw. I tried a 4040 with my two machines hooked together - and I thought

I was going to blast the house off the foundation.

Final update: Based on another recommendation, I installed the Super Suds Sucker and it pulled perfectly with 200' of 3/8" hose. I appreciate the input. A less expensive fix than changing to 1/2" hose.

Your Friend in Christ,

Jud West

229 834-5133

washritepressurewashing.com

sales.washrite@gmail.com

Like Us on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/washritepressurewashing

Glad you got it to work, that is the injector I use the most, which orifice number did you use for this?

I was hoping you could get it to work, that will really save a lot of time on a lot of projects.

I used the 4 nozzle and it has already saved a lot of time. I washed a house today @ 10 GPM and was surprised at the difference in rinse speed.

Again, thanks for the input from everyone.

Your Friend in Christ,

Jud West

229 834-5133

washritepressurewashing.com

sales.washrite@gmail.com

Like Us on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/washritepressurewashing