Sign in to follow this  
machouinard

Homeowner - Mold, Mildew & Restaining Wood Siding

I'm on the verge of being talked into taking on another project for family. The house was stained 5 - 10 years ago. It's in Lake Tahoe and snow gets piled up around it and sits from about November through April. There is dark mildew/mold mostly around the bottom of the house. Single story. Someone working on the same issues on the house across the street quoted $2200 for this house (remove mold & re-stain). That seems steep and I'm thinking of doing it myself using some EFC-38 and Armstrong-Clark Semi-Transparent stain.

Here are a few pictures of the mold/mildew I'm tasked with removing. It is mainly on the east/west sides of the house.

post-9698-13777242941_thumb.jpg

This is clearly not my day job, but I'm very much at home with DIY projects, very detail oriented and tend to thoroughly research any project I undertake. If it turns out this is better handled by a professional, I have no problem going that route. I'd really like to hear what you think about the $2200 price tag. Could that be a fair price for this single story two bedroom home?

Thanks much,

Mark

post-9698-137772429376_thumb.jpg

post-9698-137772429407_thumb.jpg

Edited by machouinard
clarification