seymore

Small Cedar Fence

Question

Here is part of the 875 Lft 6' 1/2 tall cedar fence that was stained with Gray Away Special Blend. The real long section of fence on pic was 2k Lft x 2 sides I stained last year

post-658-137772430689_thumb.jpg

post-658-137772430654_thumb.jpg

post-658-137772430674_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

Always nice to see a stained fence, I have a hard time making much money doing them here compared to decks. I guess the increased size of the ones you see in Texas really helps out a bit with that. It would want to order stain in 55 gallon drums for fence jobs like that!

Always nice to see a stained fence, I have a hard time making much money doing them here compared to decks. I guess the increased size of the ones you see in Texas really helps out a bit with that. It would want to order stain in 55 gallon drums for fence jobs like that!

Yeah Charlie it's hard to make money on fences to but just high volume makes up for it.The developer has me busy with new and old fences using only the Gray Away. I really need help for the most part it's been only me and 1 pump!

The most stain i stained on 1 fence was 2K x 2 sides almost 200 gallons! 135 sqft per gal !

Yeah, I find fencing to be a hard sell. People don't like to put the money into it, it seems.

9 hours ago, zicjam said:

I think it all depends upon the way one tackles the fencing and other services for providing the ultimate protection for his house,field,farm or any other property.

Field Wire Fence

Given that the majority here service fences already installed, there is little to consider beyond washing and sealing. Much comes into account when pricing fence cleaning/sealing. There is neighbors, landscaping, hills, trees, bushes etc. that have to be contended when performing the services and therefor take longer and require more logistically to complete.

Many don't want to have to deal with their neighbors who will likely be affected to some degree by the service spray into their yards etc. There is much to consider in the estimate and that is where it becomes hard to sell.

Rod & Beth