Sign in to follow this  
John T

Linda throws out first ball tomorrow I'll be on the receiving end of this.

2 weeks ago Linda thru out the first ball at Fenway Park for the Boston Redsox. Linda & Claudia First Pitch at Fenway 2012 on Vimeo

She finally after all these years got Boston to raise Ruth's banner there. The other girl was Ted Williams daughter and the picture there holding are when Babe Ruth and Ted Williams met. Jim Rice is one of the guys out there with them.

The Official Family Site of George Herman "Babe" Ruth Scroll down her webpage and you can see Babe Ruth's banner. Go further down and I'm still hanging around there.

Later today is Showtime. I'm playing a Charity Softball game for kids with Autism QSAC - Quality Services for the Autism Community with my old job at Ducks Stadium. After our game the big game starts. For the Softball game Linda is bringing her family and she is throwing out the first ball to yours truly. The guys on my old Job have raised $25,000 already for this.

If all goes well Linda is going to take some pics with a PWNA hat as well. The PWNA donated to the last charity I was at.

Whatever happens here I know one thing which is I have one speed. So I'm going to swing for the fences and go for it all or strike out trying. With my vision the betting odds are I'm going to swing and miss and fall down and eventually strike out..lol. But I love trying to complete something when the odds are against me.. Either way it's another give back and thru all of these I keep the Powerwashing connected thru it one way or another thru the PWNA as I promised I would so it goes back to getting this industry more known.

Here goes nothing:)

The day is done. We beat the QSAC charity group 9-4. Linda thru out the first ball and I caught it with the wrong glove they gave me for lefties(leave it to my old job to do that lol) but as promised Linda threw it right into my glove. The day was surreal. The charity groups gave her Grand Niece and Nephew the Duck baseball team jerseys. I miss my old crew. It was bittersweet especially when we went our separate ways after the game. Took me 3 times to retire and leave these guys behind. We raised close to $30,000 for this cause.

One of the guys on the bench took my camera and took alot of pictures but none of the money shots. So I'm having a few guys see if they can get me those money shots. The News team were flashing away so hopefully I can get some pics to post on the net. I also kept the Powerwashing industry in here. I'll release what that was in a couple of days.

All in all it was a special day. A good day for Linda, for the QSAC Charity, the guys playing the game and this industry itself. This is like a wedding. It starts, there is so much going on and it suddenly ends.. You had a great time but the time was gone before you knew it.

I'm happy and honored to get to do this stuff because of the positive benefits to the ones who need it. And the ones who are involved or just show up to support these things is special.

If you never thought about it. Go to one Charity event and get involved. You will feel the goodness of it all and what you do and the nice people thanking you and the kids looking at you in total appreciation. It's so very special.

Do this with your org. Get involved and watch how others will thank you for doing so because it helps them to help you and many others. Like a big family that supports each other. Like a smooth running machine. Everyone benefits in one way or another. These are memories that you can take with you.

Edited by John T