Sign in to follow this  
all star pressure washing

xjet makes my chemical injector spray water!?? other tips/attachments dont, HELP

Well got a new m5 xjet in the mail today and went to try it out to make sure it worked and I have a wierd problem.

when I put the xjet ( 13 orifice for 3-4000psi) on the dual wand it causes the chemical injector port on the pump itself to spray up alittle water! not gallons but little spritzes!!!

If I decrease the pressure with wand it stops shooting water from chem injector port!???

So I instantly turn the pressure nozzle on pump and no differnce!

I have been using an envirospec thruster nozzle ( rated for 3000psi, 3.5gpm) with no issues, and all other tips and nozzles work fine, with no injector water shooting up ever.

pressure washer is a 4000psi 3.5gpm with comet 4040 pump, around 10hrs on the unit so its pretty new

IM baffled other than the spring or ball is getting stuck?

why would ONLY the xjet cause this to happen?

I called xterior they are baffled as well and we thought to call comet and ask if this is a pump issue, seeing as the pump has around 8-10 hours at the most on it its def still new and under warranty.

anyone have a tought on wnhy this would happen? I would think it would do this with any other tip or attachement but it doesnt.

I removed the injector and inspected the ball and seal and spring, they seem to be good to go and clean, no rust etc.

put it back together and still does the same thing xjet leaks everything else good.

the ball has to be dropping in order for it to be blowing out water correct?

Im convinced the xjet is the problem since other tips work and no problems on full pressure blast.

Is this gods way of telling me to go buy a allison suds sucker nad already selling the xjet lol

i have used an xjet before on a 5.5gpm 4200psi machine and it didnt do this.

and i even hooked up the injector to see if it worked and it did without issue, never used it before until now so im really bafled lol

all i can think is that the xjet backpressure is pulling on the chem injector port and pulling it open enough for the backpressure to then decrease and thus spray....nothing.

You should probably, as you suggest either run one or the other. Time wise...downsteam....professionalism and quality...upstream... just my opinion... largely the industry is about time but that's them.

when i use the xjet the engine runs alittle bit quiter than with the other tips or nozzle, its like its not using as much pressure/power to run the xjet. Im baffled but hoping to find an answer and

I finally figured out that i didnt have anough water in the tote to give the pump enough water, Now i know i was starving the pump and thats why it wasnet working right,lol hate how simplicity is always the best answer, pump doesnt blow back from injector so atleast i have that figured out so far.

Now have to get my tank higher up above the pump or just use garden hose for washing from now on and since its only 3.5gpm it should be fine and ill use the tank for wells or wheres theres no water.

guess i need to know how much higher the tank needs to be than the water outlet,

this is why i knew i should have bought a belt drive like my old unit :(

Edited by all star pressure washing

Not sure. I don't downstream. I see your xjet is properly sized so I'm not sure. Like I said...never heard of mixing both but props for the awesome idea. Keep me posted please. I'd be interested in downstreaming if I could also upstream. That is the optimal situational state. Bar none.

I had a similar problem and found in the pick up strainer it has a ball valve in it.....take it out and your back in business.

MArko