Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

How much liability insurance do you carry?

How much liability insurance do you carry?  

291 members have voted

1. 1. How much liability insurance do you carry?

• $50,000.00 - $100,000.00
    • $100,001.00 - $250,000.00
    • $250,001.00 - $500,000.00
    • $500,001.00 - $750,000.00
    • $750,000.00 - $1,000,000.00
    • $1,000,001.00 - $3,000,000.00

It makes sense to be insured. It protects your company and those who you do work for. But just how much coverage do most of us carry? We realize that some may carry more due to the type of work they are doing. We thought it would be interesting to see.

Only doing residential and some small flatwork jobs for resturaunts I only carry $100,000 general liability. I do have 2 bids in for apartment complexes that if I get I have agreed to increase my insurance to $1M.

Only doing residential and some small flatwork jobs for resturaunts I only carry $100,000 general liability. I do have 2 bids in for apartment complexes that if I get I have agreed to increase my insurance to $1M.

Matthew, you will find here in NC the increase in premium is teensy-weensy compared to the enormous increase in coverage :) $1M will increase your marketing area as well :)

Celeste

Matthew, you will find here in NC the increase in premium is teensy-weensy compared to the enormous increase in coverage :) $1M will increase your marketing area as well :)

Celeste

Very truebut when I was first starting up the pennies were very tight so I got the minimum I needed. As soon as I need more I only have to pay the difference in premiums.

$2 million which is what my commerical work usually calls for.

Ditto. I have landed two apt complexs and and in the running for #3. All three wanted to see 2MM minimum.

I voted earlier, but I thought that I would throw in my additional two cents.

I carry 1,000,000-2,000,000 aggregate. I also carry an additional personal umbrella policy that ihas a 1,000,000 value, on the advice of my attorney. Now I don't have to worry about all of the unforeseen situations.

Scott Stone

I talked to a couple of companies around here (American Family and Shield of Shelter) and they wont touch the pw business.

I sent in my premium for $300,000 GL policy to Joe Walters. Is that who most companies are with?

Thanks

I always prefer to stay local if possible. I didn't contact Walters. I am with Auto-Owners Insurance Company. I knew they had written for another pw'er here in town and he referred me to the local agency.

$151 for $15K equipment coverage plus $535 for $1M/$2M aggregate CGL.

/neil

1 Million plus equipment. The price difference for the state minimum of 300k to 1 million was $85 per year. It would be irresponsible not to go with the million in this case.

Better to get more than you need. It is very hard to get more after you have used up you current policy. I just got mine 1mil-2mil. I hope I don't jinx myself by telling this, but my premium was $271 for the year. It's through a regional underwriter.

Hank