Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

How much liability insurance do you carry?

How much liability insurance do you carry?  

291 members have voted

1. 1. How much liability insurance do you carry?

• $50,000.00 - $100,000.00
    • $100,001.00 - $250,000.00
    • $250,001.00 - $500,000.00
    • $500,001.00 - $750,000.00
    • $750,000.00 - $1,000,000.00
    • $1,000,001.00 - $3,000,000.00

1 million gen liability(per occurance - per project), 2 million aggregate, 2 million umbrella + additional 2 million aggregate on umbrella, 1 million personal injury, 1mil/1mil/1mil on company trucks, 1 million per employee workers compensation

Ditto. I have landed two apt complexs and and in the running for #3. All three wanted to see 2MM minimum.

I am looking for insurance in my area, but local insurance agents cant find a place to cover it, or they don't want to mess with it.

1 million gen liability (per occurrence - per project), 2 million aggregate, 10 million umbrella, 1 million personal injury, Mil on company trucks, 1 million per employee workers compensation, the average policy amount for California.

However, with the 10 mil umbrella, all my policies if maxed out will fall under the 10 million umbrella.

If you do any real high volume of work in the commercial field, meaning income, have bought several properties or your business has allot of assets, may I suggest that you talk to your insurance person and get a policy for at least a 3 mil umbrella.

Got to carry 2 million... For Fire and 1.5 million for hood cleaning.. I do some jobs that require it .. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone....( Thank You Joe Walters )

1 million gen liability (per occurrence - per project), 2 million aggregate, 10 million umbrella, 1 million personal injury, Mil on company trucks, 1 million per employee workers compensation, the average policy amount for California.

However, with the 10 mil umbrella, all my policies if maxed out will fall under the 10 million umbrella.

If you do any real high volume of work in the commercial field, meaning income, have bought several properties or your business has allot of assets, may I suggest that you talk to your insurance person and get a policy for at least a 3 mil umbrella.

No one will write and larger umbrella here in Alabama more than double you liability limits

interesting thread, I have to start carrying 2 agg, 1 per occurance, 5 million umbrella, and a 2 million pollution liability coverage, 1 million Com Auto, 1 mill WC coverage. This is about as high as i have seen asked for but will be worth it.

interesting thread, I have to start carrying 2 agg, 1 per occurance, 5 million umbrella, and a 2 million pollution liability coverage, 1 million Com Auto, 1 mill WC coverage. This is about as high as i have seen asked for but will be worth it.

We just got asked for the same thing. From, of all people, a PM (national) with a reputation for being a scumbag with lowballing, no loyalty and sloooow pay. I asked them if they were out of their mind and told faxed them a "pending" poi affective upon a fully executed contract.

Truthfully, I don't want their business.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Still at 10 mil. We also make sure ours covers for any water damage the day after we leave. As many know, water damage may not show up for days. I have seen some policies that specifically states no coverage for water issues., however there policy is very cheap.

I always ask my insurance agent to list " What is NOT covered?". I could care less what is covered.

10 Million is the absolute minimum here in Australia, 30 million if you have govt contracts. I guess when Aussies stuff something up, they really stuff it up!!!

GeneralAggregate Limit........................................................$2,000,000

Products-CompletedOperations Aggregate Limit.................$ 2,000,000

GeneralOccurrence Limit......................................................$1,000,000

Personal& Advertising Injury................................................$1,000,000

FireDamage ( any one fire)....................................................$ 50,000

MedicalExpense ( any one person)........................................$ 5,000

$500.00deductible per claim on Property Damage

for $850.00 a year i would be a fool not to have it. heres the things i can not do. boats, trains, planes, kitchen exhaust and nothing over 50 feet.

10 Million is the absolute minimum here in Australia, 30 million if you have govt contracts. I guess when Aussies stuff something up, they really stuff it up!!!

Mick, in addition to what you said we are also being asked to carry 10 Million in Pollution insurance.