Sign in to follow this  
pumpkineater59

Woodrich for redwood fence and teak furniture

I've been searching for information about what stain/sealer to use for a new redwood fence and new teak patio furniture. I've read to stay away from the big box stores. I've also read good comments about Woodrich WoodTux. The goal for both is low maintenance.

For the fence we'd like a somewhat darker color than natural. Penofin has a color called Transparent Redwood that looks appealing. Not sure if WT has something similar. Is WT the way to go for the fence? If I apply two coats, will that lower the maintenance?

For the teak furniture, they are still in the box in the garage. I want to stain/seal them before taking them out to the patio. We'd like to have more a a natural teak color for the furniture. I've seen that Woodrich has a product called Woodrich Brand Hardwood Wiping Stain. Is the Hardwood wiping stain equally good as WT, or is there other products to consider? Any recommended color if using this product?

Thanks.

/Peter

After waiting 3 weeks for the Woodtux without a delivery date for the back order, I cancelled the order. So now I'm back looking for another teak protector. The furniture is new, didn't want to use them before being protected. We like the golden teak color. Grey is not our favorite. The furniture will be out year round on the patio without any cover. I'd like to keep the maintenance as low as possible. We live in southern CA. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I would look at Armstrong Clark in the Amber color for that golden look you are going for on the Teak. The woodrich wiping stain is definitely good on Teak but I don't blame you for moving on, can't wait around forever

Thanks bigchaz. After reading some more feedback about AC, it doesn't seem to be a bad choice. Is there any issue long term with reapplying AC in that it clogs the pores and the wood will have to be stripped? Or anything else for that matter?

Thanks.

We had the same problem ordering exotic wood stain from Woodrich. It was back-ordered for 5 weeks, so we canceled. Then our supplier informed us that Woodrich finally had the stain, so we ordered again. It has now been 4 weeks and still no tracking number as promised. Have they gone out of business? Any body know. Our supplier, MySupplier.US finally found us an excellent Teak cleaner and re-stain.

No idea. Don't buy or use his stain at all. Buy HD-80 from Scott Paul, but that is the extent of it. Have not spoken to Russell in I can't even remember how long.

If you are that curious, call him. ;-)

Beth

... If you are that curious, call him. ;-)

Beth

Beth,

I think I called Russell once. He called me a few times. Conversation always seemed to degredate into a screaming fest. Better to let sleeping dogs lie.

Kind of miss him though. Added spice to a somewhat conservative business.