Sign in to follow this  
John T

What does Babe Ruth have to do with Powerwahers?

Question

What does "Babe Ruth" have to do with Powerwashers?

This is the question I have been asked the most. There are alot of people who see this like I do and much more who don't. Charlie Arnold the PWNA chair on this committee understands my thinking on this completely. He actually explained it to me yesterday via phone call better then I can explain it and I am the person with the information of it all(POI)

So this is it. There is no common ground with Babe Ruth and Powerwashing itself. None. But what Powerwashers do in some aspects then there is a tremendous similarity with Babe Ruth. Maybe on a different scale but all with the same meaning and that is.... "To give back" to Volunteer what you can do to make others feel better for it. That's the common ground.

From the presidential folder I have and read to other documents and just doing my own searches there was a life outside of baseball with Babe Ruth that is possibly more phenomenal than his un-parallel baseball career. In baseball alone Babe Ruth is the only true 6 tool player who excelled at everyone of them to be considered a star 6 tool player(Baseball terminology)

There's way to much info that I can lay down here but in a nutshell Babe Ruth gave back. He volunteered himself to be the ambassador of baseball on his own to go around and visit kids all over the place. Whether they were sick in a hospital, numerous ones being kept at a disease hospital or even going as far out to a leprosy camp when he was ordered not to, so he can give himself back to the people is remarkable.

What he did in dealing with Hitlers Nazism Is extraordinary and keep in mind George Herman Ruth was German. What he did for this country when it was down and also what he did for this country when it was going to war is one of the reasons when the Japanese kamikaze's came here to kill there line was "let's kill Babe Ruth"

There's alot here.

As I am in flight to get to the PWNA Convention it still makes sense to me the connection to the Powerwashers. Plenty of Powerwashers give back by volunteering, doing philanthropic things, helping people when there down or just helping people who helped us as a country www.cleaningforheroes.com Is an example.

In turn the Powerwashers have a chance to help rewrite history by being part of a potential and historical thing involving Babe Ruth. Linda Ruth Tosetti has given us this opportunity and it's working both ways where it's only a win win.

So this is what it's about. It may never be clear for some, never accepted for others but it was never meant to be like that and for the ones who think like that your not alone. If there was a perfect solution believe me I banged my head over and over trying to find it. I exhausted myself to get to that solution but I couldn't find it.

So this is where we are today. Could it have been much better..sure. But just to be clear I have never given up and hopefully one day this Industry can help Linda get her Mothers wish who happens to be Babe Ruth's only blood related child he ever had, and that is to get Babe Ruth recognized for the true man he really was. A man who was like a big Kid who just loved giving back especially to children his gift of never giving up and his natural ability to star In the sport he loved which was baseball and to also give that back before during and after his career ended to many from around the world by him just showing up to be with......them.

I'll report how the PWNA Convention went in the next few days.

Edited by John T
To many spelling errors

11 answers to this question

Is this the same arguement that was hashed out over on the cop hater forum about a year ago?
I know I got hammered by some for trying to do something positive for this industry but what was the argument again? Refresh my memory.

Not sure. I know you posted up about the Babe's grave and meeting his niece and someone opened a can of beat down for a few pages. I did not follow it.

Not sure. I know you posted up about the Babe's grave and meeting his niece and someone opened a can of beat down for a few pages. I did not follow it.

Yup I recall that. Never made sense to me but it is what it is.

Yup I recall that. Never made sense to me because I was bringing something positive to the industry at large at that time and if some didn't believe in it that's OK but why I got somewhat beaten down over this...well I left that in the past as "it is what it is" and moved on.

Thanks for the reminder..lol

jihn if you need help on this give me a call , alot of people still loolk at me and said the same thing wy do u do that .

Thanks Bob. I actually had 2 guys tell me at the Convention they didn't know I'm a Powerwasher. 1 guy was convinced that everything is about money so this has to be a money angle. It's exhausting no doubt. At times I feel alone with this. I don't fault anyone with anything in here.

I am honored that this became a PWNA volunteer recognition award and when this goes into high gear now that a few of us have more time coming up where every single person/company will get something next year that does a PWNA volunteer project along with the one person/company that does the most impacting volunteer project and receives the award--- that all works. It promotes volunteering. It doesn't lessen the impact of people that volunteer who never want to be known for there good deeds. What this does is maybe promote volunteering for the ones who do it anyway and others who are on the fence about doing something where money is not the end goal.

You got that plaque because I know something's that you did and your a good person. Does that mean others who didn't get one any less of a Powerwasher or person you are?? Of course not.

So here's your answer when people ask you what's this all about.

In your Powerwashing field there are contractors who do Humanitarian things such as volunteering there services. Linda Ruth Tosetti does that as did her Grandfather Babe Ruth who was off the charts doing that. That's the connection and what brought that together was a small Powerwashing thing that was done.

That's it.

John you have always been a class act with the thought of others in mind. I applaude your efforts and commend your action. I personally appreciate your additions to this industry!