Sign in to follow this  
Kbstrat

Live Oak Acorn Stains on concrete

Question

9 answers to this question

SH did the trick. Normally I apply SH on a driveway then use the surface cleaner. I have read post where people surface clean first then apply the SH. Is that the better way?

If the driveway is so covered in dirt and debris, surface cleaning first may just make more sense in order to be able to see the spots that need direct application of the sh mixture. Some like to leave the job with the sh dwelling on the cement, some prefer to rinse before leaving. Whichever way works best for situation. That's an on site call.

If the driveway is so covered in dirt and debris, surface cleaning first may just make more sense in order to be able to see the spots that need direct application of the sh mixture. Some like to leave the job with the sh dwelling on the cement, some prefer to rinse before leaving. Whichever way works best for situation. That's an on site call.

Please complete your signature line. It's Required.

Welcome.

SH did the trick. Normally I apply SH on a driveway then use the surface cleaner. I have read post where people surface clean first then apply the SH. Is that the better way?

Yeah downstreaming a housewash mix on the concrete and leaving it after the final rinse works great for tannin stains and mildew stains. Really brightens the concrete nicely and evens out any striping left by the surface cleaner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Most of my market area is densely populated 50 plus year old neighborhoods with lots of trees. Mold and algae everywhere. Low ratio of sh left on the surface works well and is more environmentally friendly than a stronger mix rinsed. Use surface cleaner and leave light mix dwell.