Sign in to follow this  
Christopher

Pressure Washer Stolen!

Question

Hello Guys, I just found out that my Stainless Steel Allison Ironhorse Hot Water Skid that was at the repair shop was stolen 2 weeks ago and they did not tell me. I just found out when I went there to pick it up.

Please be on the lookout here in Texas if you see a Stainless Steel hot water skid for sale or on ebay.

I will find pictures and post them later when I calm down, just very frustrated right now.

Thanks for any help.

18 answers to this question

Hello Guys, I just found out that my Stainless Steel Allison Ironhorse Hot Water Skid that was at the repair shop was stolen 2 weeks ago and they did not tell me. I just found out when I went there to pick it up.

Please be on the lookout here in Texas if you see a Stainless Steel hot water skid for sale or on ebay.

I will find pictures and post them later when I calm down, just very frustrated right now.

Thanks for any help.

Did this shop know it was missing before you went to pick it up and just decided to tell you now? If so that is BS and like the above poster said file a claim for the machine's replacement and lost wages on thier insurance. The specific thing you want is called garage keepers liability.

Alexy, What is "garage keepers liability"? Is this insurance that the shop should have had/might have or is this something that you take someone to court over?

Thanks.

Yes it is what is required to have if you take possesion of others property to repair or otherwise move it. ( Same policy is what covers valets when they park your car) If the company says they do not cover losses like that they are not operating with the correct insurance in Texas or almost any other state. I would tell them in writing they were responsible for your equipment and you need to be made whole RIGHT NOW. If they have any past occurences of theft there and nothing has changed since then they are even more liable. Give them ONE opportunity to make it right ... if they balk or say we need to think about it. Get the name of the buisness they are operating under and go find a GOOD attourney. You have a slam dunk case if they are int he buisness of repairing pressure washers and one walks off from them.

I called 3 different attorneys and they told me that there is no law here in Texas that requires a shop to have garage keepers insurance.

I will be talking to the owner later today about the situation and see what happens.

just because they dont have insurance does not mean they are not liable or responsible to safeguard your equipment. You need to get after them. At a minimum you need to get a court claim.

The skid was secured in the trailer but not bolted down as it was just in there for work to be done on it.

They took the trailer with the rig in it.

It's that much more you can put the claim in for. A hunch is your shop owner is hurting for cash because the attitude in here is wrong. You left your equipment in his care to be serviced,fixed or whatever. He was in possession of it and it's his responsibility to return whatever you left him with in the very least in the shape you left it in. On another bb you said you were going to talk to the owner of the shop today. What did he have to say?

The owner was out of the office all day long yesterday each time I called, it is across town about 12 miles so I did not want to just drive over there and chance it.

Found out after calling the police that my info about my trailer and rig was not on the police report, just a mention of another rig so according to the police, it has not officially been reported stolen yet, Wow!

I asked the shop why they did not call me and nobody knew the answer.

I will be taking the vin and pictures of the trailer and skid to the police today and talk to them, this situation is making this shop look very bad.

Chris, really sorry to hear about this.

You are the 3rd person in as many months that has been robbed in south texas.

You get the right lawyer with the right attitude to go after the shop. You'll have new gear when this is over bro.

Geez, what a crock.

Shane got hit as well, sorry for his loss. They also got The Breeze Brush I gave him.

Not even knowing its function. Nothing worse than a thief.

Keep an eye open on your local craigslist and what not for the valley area.

Honestly, I'll bet you it's already across the border by now.

Sorry s.o.b's.

Sorry, was that last statement politically incorrect....... so what....... I dont care.

Thieves sux.

Doesn't matter if it is politically incorrect since it is statisticly true.

Chris,

I wouldn't waste your time dealing with the shop they are pulling your chain. Make them replace your machine either by thier own accord or take them to court.

Edited by Alexy

I tried talking to the owner today and ended up in an argument, too bad he was not in town or I would have gone there in person.

They are saying how they are not responsible so I talked to an attorney's secretary but need to talk to another as this one is wasting a lot of time talking about things that don't matter in the big picture.

This is so aggravating!