Sign in to follow this  
marco

brushing gutters!

Question

Hello! This question is for anyone that cleans the inside of gutters.After you remove the leaves and debris, do you use a brush to clean the inside of the gutters?Or do most people just remove the debris and collect?

Thank you!

14 answers to this question

We don't do them anymore, but when we did the goal was to remove the debris and make sure the gutter flowed with water (ie downspouts ran free of debris). Never scrubbed the interiors. No one sees it.

However, people DO ask for black streak removal on the exteriors, which we do often with house washes.

Beth

We don't do them anymore, but when we did the goal was to remove the debris and make sure the gutter flowed with water (ie downspouts ran free of debris). Never scrubbed the interiors. No one sees it.

However, people DO ask for black streak removal on the exteriors, which we do often with house washes.

Beth

Same here.....

Who wants to clean the inside of the gutters? Remove debris , maker sure it flows again, make the exterior streak free and move onto the next.

Don't forget to collect your check!!!!!

Use a tooth brush, it really cleans them well.

Thanks B. now I need a toothbrush to clean the snot off of my keyboard from laughing at your statement.

We Always hand scrub the outside of the gutters and downspouts during a house wash. We perform a lot of gutter cleaning in the early spring and fall, and never scrub the inside. We remove by hand the debris and clear out blockages. When possible, we also hydro-test downspouts. A penny test or a rock test is effective as well if the customer's garden hose isn't long enough to hydro-test.

Here is a recent video we produced on our gutter cleaning and gutter guard system. Let us know what you think!

The market is too competitive and we always got the ones that the blow and go guys didn't want with steep roofs.

Those people with the steep roofs didn't want to pay more because they couldn't see the value in having us move ladders mutliple

times to clean the gutters taking up to a couple of hours vs the shallow roofs can be walked with a blower and done in 5 minutes!

They didn't want to pay more when so many others advertised $35-$45 per house!

we needed to charge 3-4X that.

Rod!~

I know a couple of pressure cleaners who start cleaning gutters 2nd week of November until they cant do it.High quality clean outs with sponge wipe outs as they remove the leaves. Here in Ct sludge forms from the decomposing leaves and the gutters get to heavy and pull away from the house if not cleaned.

2 man team can earn 20 to 30 k for 4 weeks of work or more doing 10 houses a day plus or minus.

I just started adding this feature to some of the larger estates I'm maintaining . Spring and fall clean outs. Start earlier end later in the year.

Brush no. Leaf blower yes.

I agree with Rod there are companies out there advertising real low prices. And if the roof isnt walkable and the multi sets with the ladder has to cost more or call somebody else.

There is plenty of work out there, that is willing to pay a fair price.

I find that no matter how competitive gutter cleaning becomes, there always seems to be room to make a handsome profit. I can't even tell guys how much I make anymore with gutter clean-outs, they just can't comprehend why I am getting so much money.