Sign in to follow this  
NewGuy

Another rookie question

Im asking knowing im risking being chewed out by old timers...my machine is 3400 psi..only 2.8 gpm...can i run a surface cleaner..im getting tired of my wand

Git a guy on craigslist trying to sell me his 20" surface cleaner, used, for 250.....do i HAVE to use a bigger machine with it...

$250 is not a bad deal, but you're first priority should be upgrading you pressure washer. It's not that expensive. There is no need to save up for a big 8gpm rig when you're first starting out. You can get a 3500 psi 4gpm direct drive machine with a Honda GX390 engine for $400-$500 on craigslist. Or for another $300 or so, you could get one with a belt drive that will last twice as long between pump repairs.

$250 is not a bad deal, but you're first priority should be upgrading you pressure washer. It's not that expensive. There is no need to save up for a big 8gpm rig when you're first starting out. You can get a 3500 psi 4gpm direct drive machine with a Honda GX390 engine for $400-$500 on craigslist. Or for another $300 or so, you could get one with a belt drive that will last twice as long between pump repairs.

Good advice here.

you could run a 12" surface cleaner real nice with your existing machine..

and an "instant Capture version" ..with a decent vac system too !

call with any quesation..

I'm a technical guy that likes to help..

just read my posts :{)

Edited by Jerry
sp.

Actually u read my mind..was just looking at northern tools web site, they have a 12" for $100 bucks..u wanna go into the vacuum thing a little further??

Teaching "sustainable Cleaning" is what I do..

call me sometime..

.. or come to one of my events

..And yes, I can read minds (almost).

I know your Jobsite "that" well.

:{)

Got the 12.5" surface cleaner for $100...helped a lot...did a job yesterday that would have taken me almost twice the amount of time...but i definatels think with a bigger machine and surface cleaner i would have done it in an hour or 2 lol...