Sign in to follow this  
NewGuy

HELP please

Hey NewGuy it looks like you have a real uphill battle to get to where you want to go in this Industry....but..if your determined enough You'll get there. Your on the right track looking for a used Belt driven Powerwasher. There the best to have because there setup to have the pump turn around 1460 RPM's. The direct drive machines are the worst for a contractor because most small engines are running @3600 RPM's and in turn because the pump is hooked to the drive shaft it to will be going 3600 RPM's and they never last at that speed.

That Powerwasher your looking at on craigs list your $500 offer is about right. He might meet you in the middle @$600. Since you have no working machine right now I would consider buying that PW for no more then $600 because you need to be up and running. Make sure obviously it runs smooth and the pump has consistent pressure.

Also do searches here to read about how to do what ever type projects your looking to take on. Also read about Powerwashing machines here as well.

Lastly what's your story? If it's to personal I completely understand you staying mum on the question. The only reason I'm asking is maybe we can also help you with some more direction. A few months ago a guy came on here who ask alot of questions and then told a little about himself. His timing was right and we were able to direct him over to EnviroSpec - Your Authority on High-Pressure Cleaning where the owner John Allison and his wife Shelly had a program to get vets started called Washin for Warriors- with a free machine and some other items. Probably totaled over $5000 of equipment/chemicals this man received. Today he's out there scratching out a living for himself and his family.... So you never know.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Hi Griff. I don't think its the unloader. If the bypass is plumbed into the pump, it's still going to get the same amount of water. If that makes any sense. If the pumps not pushing out water it has to be the pump at fault as the unloader is there to divert the flow either back to the pump or to a tank. And as he's working out of his car, theres no tank in the equation. My moneys still on the seals being shot. Or, cracked pistons. I await with interest on the outcome.

Thanks for the reply Micky, I asked because I had these experiences : had a pump act somewhat similar (second unit), ..... pressure, low pressure, no water but the engine sounded like it was under load, switched the unloader and it remedied the issue. It was a then 13hp honda with belt driven cat 5cp .

I never worked on a pump before, but I also switched out my first machine direct drive cat pump 66DX pump , because it was doing the same thing, I then I purchased a head test kit, started the pump without an unloader and realized it was the unloader that was shot.

Edited by 810F250

Lol...ok heres my issue...i dont have a truck..i work out of my nissan maxima..might sound funny but thats what im usin..i just unbolt the handle of my machine before i put it in..

That being said, is a belt driven machine able to fit in my back seat or trunk?...and how much am i lookin to spend on a machine..ballpark figure

Can relate, used to load a 13hp honda direct drive 4 gpm in a '99 accord, not the trunk but removed the front passenger seat.

You can put a hitch on the maxima, and pull the unit on a ultra compact trailer, .....gx390 units are much heavier than your current setup

Edited by 810F250
added trailer note, spell

This sounds like a troll to me. Can't afford a real pw, help me, whine and whimper. This guy is not a real pressure washer, he is not listening to any suggestions. He works for beer money.

new guy, do you have insurance, business cards, a business account at the bank, a E.I.N? Working out of car? Get real.

This sounds like a troll to me. Can't afford a real pw, help me, whine and whimper. This guy is not a real pressure washer, he is not listening to any suggestions. He works for beer money.

new guy, do you have insurance, business cards, a business account at the bank, a E.I.N? Working out of car? Get real.

Which is why he got banned from the other forums.

Hey NewGuy it looks like you have a real uphill battle to get to where you want to go in this Industry....but..if your determined enough You'll get there. Your on the right track looking for a used Belt driven Powerwasher. There the best to have because there setup to have the pump turn around 1460 RPM's. The direct drive machines are the worst for a contractor because most small engines are running @3600 RPM's and in turn because the pump is hooked to the drive shaft it to will be going 3600 RPM's and they never last at that speed.

That Powerwasher your looking at on craigs list your $500 offer is about right. He might meet you in the middle @$600. Since you have no working machine right now I would consider buying that PW for no more then $600 because you need to be up and running. Make sure obviously it runs smooth and the pump has consistent pressure.

Also do searches here to read about how to do what ever type projects your looking to take on. Also read about Powerwashing machines here as well.

Lastly what's your story? If it's to personal I completely understand you staying mum on the question. The only reason I'm asking is maybe we can also help you with some more direction. A few months ago a guy came on here who ask alot of questions and then told a little about himself. His timing was right and we were able to direct him over to EnviroSpec - Your Authority on High-Pressure Cleaning where the owner John Allison and his wife Shelly had a program to get vets started called Washin for Warriors- with a free machine and some other items. Probably totaled over $5000 of equipment/chemicals this man received. Today he's out there scratching out a living for himself and his family.... So you never know.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Espec no longer makes sells or services any pressure washers.

Lol guy knows why i got banned..but im not here to argue with anyone

I clean to pay bills and feed my son.. have everything but thetruck..and pw now but ill probably have one by wed

Used my buddies gx390...worked like a dream...would of taken me two days with my old one to do what i did in 5 hours today...as a matter of fact found a guy selling the exact same machine(4000 psi 4gpm) for $500..no gun or hose..so now not sure if to go with that or with the belt drive(3500 psi 4gpm) for 700 with wand and hose..could probably get him down to 600...maybe...turns out theyll both fit in my car...so...im not sure..well i know belt drive is gonna last me longer so im really leaning towards that...

Man that machine was so nice to work with it..felt like ive been using a peeshooter the whole time and today it felt like i upgraded to a big M60...cutting through that black algae like butter..even pulled out all the weeds that i would usually have to pull by hand..

Lol guy knows why i got banned..but im not here to argue with anyone

I clean to pay bills and feed my son.. have everything but thetruck..and pw now but ill probably have one by wed

Used my buddies gx390...worked like a dream...would of taken me two days with my old one to do what i did in 5 hours today...as a matter of fact found a guy selling the exact same machine(4000 psi 4gpm) for $500..no gun or hose..so now not sure if to go with that or with the belt drive(3500 psi 4gpm) for 700 with wand and hose..could probably get him down to 600...maybe...turns out theyll both fit in my car...so...im not sure..well i know belt drive is gonna last me longer so im really leaning towards that...

What brand is the pump on that direct drive machine, the one that's for sale? Also what does the conditions look like for both machines, any big difference in how much abuse (sorry, but I mean work) they've suffered through?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 Android

I just bought a couple of thousand $ in parts from EnviroSpec - Your Authority on High-Pressure Cleaning from hoses to gas tanks and numerous tips,connectors etc. I do all my ordering thru them online to get the 20% off and I also use their bonus bucks plan since I order from them alot.

When I have questions about a certain part like their blue diesel gas tanks I just bought I called and they got the answer for me..

As far as service goes they covered the warranties when I had things go bad but it I as far as them servicing machine I wouldn't know. I don't look in servicing machines from distributors that are a thousand miles away. The Internet has changed the way I buy just about everything for my business these days.

I just bought a couple of thousand $ in parts from EnviroSpec - Your Authority on High-Pressure Cleaning from hoses to gas tanks and numerous tips,connectors etc. I do all my ordering thru them online to get the 20% off and I also use their bonus bucks plan since I order from them alot.

Here is where the 3 legged dog guy calls me a liar. I bought some chinaman chemcal from them. I was less than crap, totally worthless. They told me I was doing something wrong as no one else had problems with the chem. The claims they made when I bought the stuff was of nor more value than the chem. They said they would take the chem back if I did not like was not true. I also bought a plastic wand to apply hood cleaning chemical. At that time I was using Bonzai. Not bad, but the best available at the time. The chem would eat the o'rings and the plastic wand. But, I just kept extras of each. The last wand I bought leaked immediatly. The o'rings were missing. I contacted Envirospec and was told to contact the manufacturer of the wand. Since then, I have never bought from EnviroSpec. In a few days John will post here and call me a liar, saying I have never bought anything from them. It has been at least 12 years, but I do remember getting extremly poor service from them.

Ok so just updating..went to buy the belt drive..turns out the on/off switch is busted so turn off i had to ground the wire..no big deal and i can fix it..however it didnt fit in my car(plus that mother was Heavy)...went to go see the direct drive...this crap had no wheels or handle..looks like it was bolted onto some spareetal he had laying around..no on/off switch..wanted 500 w/ no hose or wand...in the end i bought a machine off my buddy who just got out of the biz...13hp direct drive with cat pump on dewalt frame with 50' non marking hose and wand for $600...machine is barely used so i think i got a decent deal..and killed today at work..problem solved..thanks everyone for the help

Ok so just updating..went to buy the belt drive..turns out the on/off switch is busted so turn off i had to ground the wire..no big deal and i can fix it..however it didnt fit in my car(plus that mother was Heavy)...went to go see the direct drive...this crap had no wheels or handle..looks like it was bolted onto some spareetal he had laying around..no on/off switch..wanted 500 w/ no hose or wand...in the end i bought a machine off my buddy who just got out of the biz...13hp direct drive with cat pump on dewalt frame with 50' non marking hose and wand for $600...machine is barely used so i think i got a decent deal..and killed today at work..problem solved..thanks everyone for the help

I asked you several times what the condition of each of the machines was so that you'd look beyond their specs on paper and start asking the sellers some questions! This might have saved you some time and gas running around but oh well... sounds like you made the right decision in the end and I'm happy things worked out for you :)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 Android

Edited by cameronqueen

Here is where the 3 legged dog guy calls me a liar. I bought some chinaman chemcal from them. I was less than crap, totally worthless. They told me I was doing something wrong as no one else had problems with the chem. The claims they made when I bought the stuff was of nor more value than the chem. They said they would take the chem back if I did not like was not true. I also bought a plastic wand to apply hood cleaning chemical. At that time I was using Bonzai. Not bad, but the best available at the time. The chem would eat the o'rings and the plastic wand. But, I just kept extras of each. The last wand I bought leaked immediatly. The o'rings were missing. I contacted Envirospec and was told to contact the manufacturer of the wand. Since then, I have never bought from EnviroSpec. In a few days John will post here and call me a liar, saying I have never bought anything from them. It has been at least 12 years, but I do remember getting extremly poor service from them.

Hey Doug I'm guessing your referring to John A. Because I would never call you a liar. The only chemical I ever bought from Envirospec was Restore because of a bleach issue this condo complex didn't want us to use so I submitted a bid with the Restore MSDS as part of that bid.

Chemicals I deal mostly local with but for machinery items such as tips,wands,burners etc. I buy mostly from EnviroSpec - Your Authority on High-Pressure Cleaning for years now.

Glad it worked out for ya.

Hey Doug I'm guessing your referring to John A. Because I would never call you a liar. The only chemical I ever bought from Envirospec was Restore because of a bleach issue this condo complex didn't want us to use so I submitted a bid with the Restore MSDS as part of that bid.

Chemicals I deal mostly local with but for machinery items such as tips,wands,burners etc. I buy mostly from EnviroSpec - Your Authority on High-Pressure Cleaning for years now.

I apologize John T. I was not reffering to you, but John from Envirspec.