Sign in to follow this  
John T

Why do we get clocked on the net when something positive is being done??

Question

Since I am helping with the Vegas event I have been getting clocked by 5-6 guys on the net for one reason or another. So is the other people who are helping out.

This happened in the past when I helped the ***** & The PWNA with there Conventions. Also when I brought the Ruth thing in just to try and give this Industry a little more recognition.

In person,emails,phone calls or text I get a ton of nice messages but on the net it's like a continuing blood bath with these few.

I think most of these very few people who get on my case are more towards the passionate side then the shizz & giggles side of just doing it to cause drama. Maybe I'm wrong there.

I do believe that some of these people take the Internet to be the god almighty tool that they should judge others with....as in they believe the Internet is the end all and it's everything.

I can understand that they tend to be driven because of a dislike towards someone including myself but it's mind boggling that they want to see something positive to be brought down no matter what.

Without naming names or anything like that because this is not meant to be another "Your wrong and I'm right and your a liar" etc etc...

And a BIG NO I do not have mental health issues that I'm getting clocked with now. I took many people to the psych ward on my last job but I know I am as sound as they come. So that theory can be dismissed yesterday.

Does anyone else see this at times as being some type of problem with the Internet and how people connect on it.

9 answers to this question

John, there are azzhats out there who have nothing better to do than to be negative bullies and who will make it their personal agenda to interfere with anything good that anyone tries to do. IGNORE THEM. If you want to do a nice thing and hold an event, do it. If someone else gets their panties in a wad over it, well they don't have to read the posts, or go to the event.

Zero tolerance.

Beth

John, there are azzhats out there who have nothing better to do than to be negative bullies and who will make it their personal agenda to interfere with anything good that anyone tries to do. IGNORE THEM. If you want to do a nice thing and hold an event, do it. If someone else gets their panties in a wad over it, well they don't have to read the posts, or go to the event.

Zero tolerance.

Beth

Thanks Beth-- You always have been a voice of reason.

I don't let these guys deter what I do but I can say it's always a disappointment when I get the same guys doing the same thing.

I looked back at a ton of Post over the last few days from events that I was involved in the last few yrs. and it's the same people who get maybe 1-2 newbies and a couple of yrs later it's the same guys with the old newbies gone and maybe another 1-2 more new contractors again.

What I surmised was that because of this negativity those newbies who jump on that negative bandwagon don't last. Most of them drop out of this business. That's sad but when they come in and are influenced to be negative towards this industry then there already fighting an uphill battle.

No one has to agree or like what some others do when it comes to doing positive things. I get that they just may not have it in them to try and tolerate some others. There's nothing you can do there. I did try with some of these people to help them get over it.. But in most cases these select few don't waver.

That's what I have learned.. And I expect to see it again when some of us do some more positive within this Industry.

It is unfortunate.

How dare you try to improve our industry.

You are ruining our reputation as slimey uneducated

oofs that don't know how to be professional or capable of functioning in the real world.

You should be ashamed of yourself for caring about this industry and trying to bring better insight into what we do

for the customers benefit, oh yeah.... and our benefit.

How dare you John, ... how dare you try to make things BETTER.

Those bashers on the web.......... trolls under the bridge bro.

How dare you try to improve our industry.

You are ruining our reputation as slimey uneducated

oofs that don't know how to be professional or capable of functioning in the real world.

You should be ashamed of yourself for caring about this industry and trying to bring better insight into what we do

for the customers benefit, oh yeah.... and our benefit.

How dare you John, ... how dare you try to make things BETTER.

Those bashers on the web.......... trolls under the bridge bro.

That pretty much explains it. Thanks Adrian you said it much better then I could:)

I dunno man, if everyone would just check their ego's at the door ( not do away with... just check)... a person could go away with more than they came with, IMO.

That philosophy worked for Leo Fender, Les Paul, Randy Rhodes, and oh yeah!!! The Babe, and that dude that made the automobile, What's his name..... Ford.

Try to stick to whatever philosophy that will leave a "wake of good " behind you if possible, even if it seems "Horse and buggy" at the time.

Everything comes full circle bro sooner or later.

Many though, will just be Richard Heads along the way.

I dunno man, if everyone would just check their ego's at the door ( not do away with... just check)... a person could go away with more than they came with, IMO.

That philosophy worked for Leo Fender, Les Paul, Randy Rhodes, and oh yeah!!! The Babe, and that dude that made the automobile, What's his name..... Ford.

Try to stick to whatever philosophy that will leave a "wake of good " behind you if possible, even if it seems "Horse and buggy" at the time.

Everything comes full circle bro sooner or later.

Many though, will just be Richard Heads along the way.

love it!! Once again you nailed it.

The "Richard Heads" is unfortunately to be expected and luckily there is only those few thank God.

Well, there is a high likelihood that I miss most of whatever drama is going on. Intentionally.

My moshpit days are long over with.

Hopefully my view(s) expressed have been positive....... all the other stuff.....nonna my biz bro...

Im just viewing the road most traveled from a far off distance, and landing new customers.

Peace Through Sonic Distortion

Well, there is a high likelihood that I miss most of whatever drama is going on. Intentionally.

My moshpit days are long over with.

Hopefully my view(s) expressed have been positive....... all the other stuff.....nonna my biz bro...

Im just viewing the road most traveled from a far off distance, and landing new customers.

Peace Through Sonic Distortion

Absolutely Adrian, I agree the drama and negativity is completely counterproductive, no one wants that.