Sign in to follow this  
Robert Hinderliter

PWNA Cosmetic Cleaning BMPs based on the EPA's Model Ordinance

{I am taking a steep back, looking at the big picture, .....................}

I think there is a great deal of information in the current PWNA Cosmetic Cleaning BMP manual, (I am reviewing the pdf version), the manual appears as a combination of pressure cleaning BMPs and AHJ training.

I dont believe the two should be heavily inter mixed as they currently are, there maybe some overlap but in my opinion there is to much non-direct information, which is not necessary to be placed in a Contractors Association Cosmetic Cleaning BMP Manual. A manual should be as clear as possible. The PWNA can engage in providing training to AHJ's and I feel this should be entertained.

The PWNA Cosmetic Cleaning BMP manual should be focused with an objective being:

Concise in identifying/recommending, reasonable rational and logical Best Management Practices for various cleaning circumstances, that ultimately contractors have researched, developed, tested/adopted, re-evaluated and validated to minimize negative impact to the environment from operations with necessary consultation and assistance form internal and external knowledge/beneficial sources.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

{I am thinking out loud here:}

What is the historical perspective of BMP's? ,and in particular the PWNA proposed BMP's ?, we need to identify a vision for the manual, and ultimately its mission

Hope this post can be understood in the positive nature it was intended.

OK i said it mission and vision, ...........action to my own suggestions. (HELP: I cant do this alone and no one person or small group of people should ..............., I know we all may have different opinions, but that should serve to make a BMP manual better)

How about this for a cover........thoughts?

[ATTACH]19680[/ATTACH]

Draft BMP Doc.pdf

OK i said it mission and vision, ...........action to my own suggestions. (HELP: I cant do this alone and no one person or small group of people should ..............., I know we all may have different opinions, but that should serve to make a BMP manual better)

[ATTACH]19680[/ATTACH]

Excellent, I like it.

[ATTACH]19680[/ATTACH]

I like the cover to Nigel. Also your doing one great job researching this. I also agree that we all have different opinions and your right it should serve to help make the PWNA BMP manual better.

Excellent point you brought up that we need to Identify the vision for a PWNA manual and ultimately it's mission. You are dead on about that.