Sign in to follow this  
John T

Give back Cleanings- The White House or 9-11 The Wprld Trade Center?

Free Cleaning to give back  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Free Cleaning to give back

• White House
    • New Construction cleaning of 9-11 NY

Question

Take this Poll. Would you be interested in doing a free Cleaning to the "White House" or the final cleaning of new construction Cleaning of the 9-11 World Trade Center attack.

21 answers to this question

This is a project I'm considering on putting out feelers to see if it can be done.

So we do an organized free cleaning of the White House or do we look to close out the 9-11 attacks here in NY to where the Powerwashing Industry was the final act in doing a new construction cleaning of the surfaces of the Freedom tower? The Freedom Tower : One World Trade Center, New York :: Glass Steel and Stone

I'm personally leaning towards the Freedom tower but of course who ever responds I'm game to do either because " I love my country"!!

I had friends that died from 9-11 and as I sit in my office, every day I stare at Dennis Leary who was the Star of "Rescue Me" and in an odd way him and I connect. Actually in a sad way. Jimmy Ryan who lived a block from me dies of Pancreatic cancer that was related to 9-11. FDNY Firefighter Jim Ryan of Kings Park, 48, dies

His only daughter is my daughters best friend. We take here on vaca and she's at my house all the time. I consider her my "3rd daughter".

So I obviously lean towards here in NY.

It's poetic justice to end this attack with the Powerwashing Industry closing out to "Whats good".

But if the opportunity was to come I would no doubt clean anything "White House" and I would do both if it's possible.

My goal is to try for either within a year.

Edited by John T

I love my country but not the government.....they can clean there own buildings.

Fair point Barry but in my case I've been to many places around the world. Go to Turkey, Egypt or Nicaragua for example.. Our Gov't isn't perfect by no means but compared to these other countries I've been to including Haiti, Cuba, El Salvador etc we are by far one of the best in the world. I am so grateful that my daughters are born here in this great country "THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" !!!!!

About time we take a positive stand for our homeland one way or another.

Fair point Barry but in my case I've been to many places around the world. Go to Turkey, Egypt or Nicaragua for example.. Our Gov't isn't perfect by no means but compared to these other countries I've been to including Haiti, Cuba, El Salvador etc we are by far one of the best in the world. I am so grateful that my daughters are born here in this great country "THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" !!!!!

About time we take a positive stand for our homeland one way or another.

I've been out of the USA. Other bad governments isn't a reason to accept bad government "lite". I'm not unpatriotic either, I was about as gung ho as they come (former US Army Helicopter Pilot)

I'm not opposed to doing charity work...there are lots of other organizations to do volunteer work for besides a group of people that tax and regulate us to death.

I've been out of the USA. Other bad governments isn't a reason to accept bad government "lite". I'm not unpatriotic either, I was about as gung ho as they come (former US Army Helicopter Pilot)

I'm not opposed to doing charity work...there are lots of other organizations to do volunteer work for besides a group of people that tax and regulate us to death.

Sure.. We do some charitable work in other sectors.

What would you suggest for a high profile cleaning that can also give this Industry some much needed recognition as well?

Sure.. We do some charitable work in other sectors.

What would you suggest for a high profile cleaning that can also give this Industry some much needed recognition as well?

I don't think its the industry that's looking for recognition.

I don't think its the industry that's looking for recognition.

Well it would have to be a group thing spearheaded by many. It would be much easier if someone was doing this already and we got asked to possibly help out.. That would be best.

There are a few names and companies I would think that would participate, in something like what you're asking John, as a way to give back. If used properly it could be a great marketing tool (almost as good as my TWIT certification). We run into so many professionals that dont realize what pressure washing can do. And there are some that think there are only three pressure companies out there.

You will not get on the grounds of the white house to do any work like that it is done in house.

That's pretty much what we figured when this was actually discussed a few yrs back. One of the idea's that might be a little bit easier to attain would be the nations capital and do some sidewalk Cleanings.. What other places could we consider?

Take this Poll. Would you be interested in doing a free Cleaning to the "White House" or the final cleaning of new construction Cleaning of the 9-11 World Trade Center attack.

I think the 9-11 memorial is a better Idea, regardless if it funded by the government I think the project would be cool. If you pull it off I'll send a truck for a Week

I can see how this benefits the Org's or the people that do the cleaning....and why John (PWNA) and Ron (*****) would support things like this.

We would need a Barry on board where we can SEO this thing to the top:) I mean that seriously.. As far as something like this would go it would be to much of an undertaking for anyone one person to do this alone unless there loaded. Also yes to what Barry says above as well where a joint venture by groups would be ideal.

I would say go for the cleaning at the World Trade Center. In honor of those that died there.

The white house can take care of themselves. There are plenty of people out there that are much more in need.

Hey man,

thanks for your service.

My Dad was CW4 in 1st. Cav. out of Ft. Hood.

Retired active duty flight instructor in Iraq as well.

Im a pilot myself.

The Huey was the workhorse man.

Hey man,

thanks for your service.

My Dad was CW4 in 1st. Cav. out of Ft. Hood.

Retired active duty flight instructor in Iraq as well.

Im a pilot myself.

The Huey was the workhorse man.

Ft Hood was the dream assignment (for young guys).....all those nurses!

I got out as a CW2 and volunteered for desert shield/storm and did another year. They offered me a 4 year but I declined. My last two years I had transitioned from the UH1 to the Blackhawk. It's a hell of an aircraft but the technology dumbed down the pilots IMHO. Most of the Blackhawk only guys I met after transitioning couldn't hover a helicopter without the SAS FPS and Boost, let alone land a Huey with no engine and no hydraulics....we did them all the time back when I was in. I heard they stopped doing full power off landings at ********** all together...

I still stay in touch with some of my friends....

BTW, I was Navy Blue class 83/7, your dad probably started after me....Do you remember what class he was in?

Yeah we lived in ********** as well.

I know he did 3 tours in Nam.

I have seen him do full power drops during training in the Huey.

He never flew the BH or Apache. However he was one of the first in a chinook out of Eustess.

I dont remember his class, but he did 40 yrs, service. He lived it man, even after retirement.

Full army !!!!