Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Gutter Cleaning Price Survey

How do you charge for gutter cleaning?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. How do you charge for gutter cleaning?

• ...by the foot
    • ...by the hour
    • ...by the house
    • other (list in thread)

I bought what's called the "Gutter Dog" for my house several months ago. Same thing as the Gutter Brush. I bought them for a dollar a foot at AMazon and they work great! No more cleaning out my gutters. I ordered another set for a customer but they went up to almost 3 dollars a foot two days later. She still had me order them and install them. I know this will kill repeat gutter cleaning in the future but it makes the customer happy, I'll always have repeat powerwashing business from the customers, and I"m not so much of a fan of cleaning gutters anyways. Too cold. In fact they're calling for a little snow tonight.

I wonder If I can sue them. I was in buisiness before that thing came around!!! (joke)

Wow! read this thread. Begining to end. LOL! Wow! Majority of you guys way too expensive. Of corse this is cleaning out by hand. Do you use a garden hose also?

You would think we're way too expensive - your pricing is such a shame to this industry.

Right from your site....

Gutter cleaning most homes $79!House washing as low as $219!Deck washing as low as $99!Dryer vent cleaning $79!Gutter cleaning, residential, for $49 , If included on contract with any power washing service!!!

You would think we're way too expensive - your pricing is such a shame to this industry.

Right from your site....

Gutter cleaning most homes $79!House washing as low as $219!Deck washing as low as $99!Dryer vent cleaning $79!Gutter cleaning, residential, for $49 , If included on contract with any power washing service!!!

You don't Read the newspaper, or other advertising do ya? Other co.'s, Franchises. LOL Go ahead and Charge what you want. hehehe I'm predicting the future by what I see going on out there. Other companies adds... Wonder how much that home made sign guy wouldve charged to get a gutter clean job??? ....And I'm the bad guy no mater how you look at it???? Whatever I do I'm the bad guy I'm just matching what I see going on

I have been kicking the idea of gutter cleaning around for a few years now. Think I shall give it a whirl this season.

Jeff

Heck yea Jeff. Dont know why you havent already??? Xtra 80 100 bucks. Or to selll them on the roof wash give them a real cheap gutter clean!

How do you wash the roof with out cleaning the gutter anyway?

I lost a roof wash because the guy that sold her a new driveway, washed her roof for free. FREE sells my friend.

Just how it is....

I lost a roof wash because the guy that sold her a new driveway, washed her roof for free. FREE sells my friend.

Just how it is....

:banghead: This was too funny I just had to reply.

LOL he made a few THOUSAND dollars on the new driveway. Of course he cleaned her roof. Not for free though. This man knows what he is doing and included that in the cost of the drive way. You can bet he would not clean her roof for free if she did not buy anything else. Maybe you should try that, just drive up and ask them if you can clean their roof. No charge of course. People will buy every time. When you start hearing others speaking Chineese stop digging.

You don't Read the newspaper, or other advertising do ya? Other co.'s, Franchises. LOL Go ahead and Charge what you want. hehehe I'm predicting the future by what I see going on out there. Other companies adds... Wonder how much that home made sign guy wouldve charged to get a gutter clean job??? ....And I'm the bad guy no mater how you look at it???? Whatever I do I'm the bad guy I'm just matching what I see going on

So you price according to what you see others price, eh? Monkey see, monkey do business philosophy?

Michael - what you don't understand is that those guys are big players - have volume beyond your wildest dreams and also know how to upsell big time gutter installations to offset cost. Those pricings you see are well calculated marketing strategies.

At some point you'll figure out that the 'going' rate is also the going out of business rate. I won't touch a gutter cleaning for less than $150 - unless there is a big time service agreement for multiple cleanings per year, and I can get the whole neighborhood to go along.

Learn to market and sell to a higher end clientale - and you won't have to worry about what the 'market' is out there.

This is where guys like you and me diverge - your reasoning starts out with the assumption that a job is doable - and you have to price to be competitive. I start out looking at figures and facts - and come to a conclusion that the 'going' rate won't pay my bills - so I look for other lines of work or learn how to get pay people to pay my price. That's the difference between a 'technician' {someone who knows how to do the job} and a businessman {someone who knows how to market the job for loads more money}

Like I said - your pricing is a disgrace - I washed a customers house and restored her deck. It was a small house - I blew out her gutters with 4 inches of compressed leaves and pine needles with my pressure washer for $67 front and backside. The price was double if I hand scooped. Took me 15 minutes between wrestling a 24' ladder front and backside and blowing the stuff out. They of course were responsible for picking up the mess.

Don't worry - you don't know the future - in the face of guys like you - there is always an enterprising business minded guy that is going to paint a pretty face to service, be double or triple your price and take all your business away from you as you cry and lament about how they're so much more expensive and why would they hire them over you!

:banghead: This was too funny I just had to reply.

LOL he made a few THOUSAND dollars on the new driveway. Of course he cleaned her roof. Not for free though. This man knows what he is doing and included that in the cost of the drive way. You can bet he would not clean her roof for free if she did not buy anything else. Maybe you should try that, just drive up and ask them if you can clean their roof. No charge of course. People will buy every time. When you start hearing others speaking Chineese stop digging.

Yea I understand that. What he charged her per square foot, I thought, was kinda high on the driveway. Either way I didnt get the roof job.

So you price according to what you see others price, eh? Monkey see, monkey do business philosophy?

Michael - what you don't understand is that those guys are big players - have volume beyond your wildest dreams and also know how to upsell big time gutter installations to offset cost. Those pricings you see are well calculated marketing strategies.

At some point you'll figure out that the 'going' rate is also the going out of business rate. I won't touch a gutter cleaning for less than $150 - unless there is a big time service agreement for multiple cleanings per year, and I can get the whole neighborhood to go along.

Learn to market and sell to a higher end clientale - and you won't have to worry about what the 'market' is out there.

This is where guys like you and me diverge - your reasoning starts out with the assumption that a job is doable - and you have to price to be competitive. I start out looking at figures and facts - and come to a conclusion that the 'going' rate won't pay my bills - so I look for other lines of work or learn how to get pay people to pay my price. That's the difference between a 'technician' {someone who knows how to do the job} and a businessman {someone who knows how to market the job for loads more money}

Like I said - your pricing is a disgrace - I washed a customers house and restored her deck. It was a small house - I blew out her gutters with 4 inches of compressed leaves and pine needles with my pressure washer for $67 front and backside. The price was double if I hand scooped. Took me 15 minutes between wrestling a 24' ladder front and backside and blowing the stuff out. They of course were responsible for picking up the mess.

Don't worry - you don't know the future - in the face of guys like you - there is always an enterprising business minded guy that is going to paint a pretty face to service, be double or triple your price and take all your business away from you as you cry and lament about how they're so much more expensive and why would they hire them over you!

Yes many of the companies offering way cheap gutter cleaning do offer new gutters etc. I wonder how many new gutters they sell to people just wanting their gutters cleaned? Not many I think? From 49 to cple thousand!!! Wow what an upsell!!! I wont go that low, lol!!!

You cleaned gutters for 67.... Hey that is lower than me??? hehehe!!!!

There is some way they are advertising these low prices. AND making money. Either upselling or volume or something.

Thanks for the pointers on apartments, Jeff. My wheels are turning...

Nicely said, plainpainter: "That's the difference between a 'technician' {someone who knows how to do the job} and a businessman {someone who knows how to market the job for loads more money}"

It's always a marketing issue!

I charge $149 min for gutter cleaning in Vancouver WA, and then assess - like most of you - based on roof pitch and safety. I just got beat by a guy quoting $50 on a 2500 sf two story. I guess I'll do an $1800 deck job instead :)

I just got beat by a guy quoting $50 on a 2500 sf two story. I guess I'll do an $1800 deck job instead :)

That's the beauty of doing different things and looking for new oppurtunities - you aren't stuck competing with the bottom feeders. Guy beats me up over his ridiculously low 70's era house/gutter pricing - and I walk over to my next deck restoration job. Every job my competition takes on that is cheap - puts them one step closer to 'gonesville'. I hate it but - it just forces you to stay original and motivated. I even asked the last homeowner how does one even pay for all the marketing with such pricing - his response was 'word of mouth'. I had to laugh - so naive - funny thing is, my marketing puts me in front of a better clientale and they are referring me at my pricing. And the reason the term 'bottom' feeders exist is because all these other douce bags force themselves to compete with each other over a small/cheap demographic. They are literally doing battle with each other over the crumbs the 'big' fish leave behind. It use to **** me off - but I think it's funny now.

BTW - the 'technician' vs. the 'business-man' aren't my original thoughts they are Ken Fenner's. He opened a lot of our eyes.