Sign in to follow this  
rick77

8GPM Cold Water Machine

I'm looking at buying an 8gpm cold water machine from Pressure Tek. It has a 20 hp Honda engine with an 8gpm (belt drive) general pump rated at 3,000 psi. I've read that the 20 hp Honda doesn't really produce 3,000 psi with the 8gpm pump but I'm ok with that as long as I get a true 8gpm.

But will this machine work well with my Whisper Wash Classic for residential concrete? Hot water is not my concern in this particular post. I will get a hot box or maybe even a complete hot water skid later on down the road if I choose to go the hot water route.

The Pressure Pro 8gpm cold water machine sells for $2,999.00 which seems to be a really good price. Any thoughts or feedback on this machine?

If this machine is not very compatible with my Whisper Wash Classic I can just continue to use my 4gpm 4,000 psi belt drive machine for resi concrete as it does a great job without damaging the concrete and use the 8gpm machine for vertical structures.

I do mostly residential power washing but occasionally commercial buildings that are are already my window cleaning customers.

Thanks for any and all feedback.

I'm looking at buying an 8gpm cold water machine from Pressure Tek. It has a 20 hp Honda engine with an 8gpm (belt drive) general pump rated at 3,000 psi. I've read that the 20 hp Honda doesn't really produce 3,000 psi with the 8gpm pump but I'm ok with that as long as I get a true 8gpm.

But will this machine work well with my Whisper Wash Classic for residential concrete? Hot water is not my concern in this particular post. I will get a hot box or maybe even a complete hot water skid later on down the road if I choose to go the hot water route.

The Pressure Pro 8gpm cold water machine sells for $2,999.00 which seems to be a really good price. Any thoughts or feedback on this machine?

If this machine is not very compatible with my Whisper Wash Classic I can just continue to use my 4gpm 4,000 psi belt drive machine for resi concrete as it does a great job without damaging the concrete and use the 8gpm machine for vertical structures.

I do mostly residential power washing but occasionally commercial buildings that are are already my window cleaning customers.

Thanks for any and all feedback.

I've considered that same skid.....a few years ago, DJ Carroll showed me his and I loved the range it had with the rinse tip but it was new.....never followed up with him as to how it stood up.

post-309-137772452847_thumb.jpgIt will work great with a classic you might even have to put a weight on it to keep it on the ground. we have one on our main wash truck and it runs a big guy just fine. Ours is at least 5 years old and still runs just fine. Edited by splashandash

This is our second year with the PP 8gpm/3k.

We use the Classic with bigger tips based on what surface is being cleaned.

I agree with others here, It is an almost perfect residential piece.

The WW Classic is rated from 4 to 10 GPM so it will work well for you. Like stated, it is light, only 20 lbs, so the flow may lend to a bit more lift...You will normally run the WW with 4.5 nozzles when running 8 GPM @ 3000 PSI, so you may find larger nozzle sizes really helpful. With all the flow, you shouldn't need so much pressure if you get the chems working correctly.

They are a great cold water machine. FYI they make different " versions", the poly link belt and normal belts. It may make a difference to you depending on how you want the machine oriented and the direction of the exhaust.

According to the gauge, I get 3000psi. I never measured the flow, but if it is 7, or 7.5, or 8gpm, I don't care, it washes fast.

Edited by Doug T

I have had that unit for about 6 years or so and it has held up great.

I use it with the Steel Eagle 24" surface cleaner, 28" Big Guy surface cleaner and sometimes the Whisper Wash Classic 19" surface cleaner and they all do good.

The classic wants to fly away unless you hold it down or put an olympic weight lifting plate on it to help hold it down.

It is a good machine, just keep changing the engine and pump oil and oil filter as needed and it will last you a lot of years.

Thanks for the replies with great info guys. I read on another forum that you can put an elbo just before the swivel connection on the Whisper Wash Classic and it will help a good bit in keeping the surface cleaner from lifting too much when using an 8gpm machine.

The Pressure Pro 8gpm does sound like a great resi machine. I've been using a 5x10 single axle trailer for about 5 years but just got a 12x6 tandem axle trailer and a 275 gallon water tank so I'm all set for the Pressure Pro 8gpm machine. Can't wait to get the 8gpm unit and get it set up.

Hey Richard, did you get your 8gpm rig up and running?

It's good to hear from ya!

Hey Micah, yeah man!! I've been using the new 8 gpm machine for several weeks now. The large residential I did today took 3 hours but used to take 6 hours with my 4 gpm machine. 8 gpm is awesome!

Great to hear from you. Hope all is well!