John T

Stripping a house and Shirts by Clark Hussey

Question

This week alone we stripped 2 houses with a few other jobs as well. This house here is 3 stories in height on the sides and front which faces the Long Island Sound. We did not only the house but also the roof as well. This job took two days and today when my guys finished it was 39 degrees for the high. A total pain but where booked and these jobs have to get done..

Clark Check out the shirts you just made for us.. they are pretty stain resisting. Bleach or hydroxide hasnt hurt these shirts..

Anyone reading this get Clark Hussey to do your shirts. He knows about Powerwashing and he knows what type of material works.. Clark has also done our business cards. He is an Industry person that powerwashers and he knows what works best for us. Check out his website and let him suggest whats best for you but he will also do what you think is best as well. Just another reason to work with Industry type people who are out there like you are doing the work like we do. Thanks Clark:) https://mybizcard.co/user/rate/1192/54f0457b374dadd18812c75f927907f3/

10 answers to this question

OK I put this post on PWC and PWR as well.

These pictures the house was still drying so it will lighten up completely. Where also staining this house as well as the other house this week we did. One of these houses where going to use Armstrong Clark Amber stain which I'll take pictures of this Tuesday. This house The home Owner hadn't decided yet on what to stain it with.. I'm pushing for the Armstrong Clark Amber as well but as usual he's being picky.... will see.

Looks like a fun job! What did you strip off?

So you stripped the whole house and not the deck? It getting ripped out or something?

Nice looking old cedar! What you staining with or only strip?

That deck is getting Ripped out. Thank God it was there because it's a tough stretch to put a ladder up on 3 floors that are not on level ground.. It looked like a semi solid stain was on it. The homeowner just bought this house and it's a mess but he's dumping in a ton of money on fixing it up..

The homeowner had received from us a few different stain products to consider with Armstrong Clark our recommendation. The problem here is we never used Armstrong Clark Stain yet but we have used many others that now suck because of the VOC's. So this house is up in the air to what stain will be used.

The other house where doing next week is Cedar Planks that came out much nicer. I wish I took some before pics because the house was black and so was the deck. This house should look good when done. If I get there in time I'll take some pics.

The day the guys are doing that I'll be out of state looking at a college Building to be powerwashed that's probably out of my league but it's definitely worth a shot.

You lucky Shane cause you know what you like best... I'm scattered but do love a challenge:)

You lucky Shane cause you know what you like best... I'm scattered but do love a challenge:)

I like it but i have so much wood to stain it's not funny!

I have over 2K of fence both sides to start soon once they replace the wrong trim...[ATTACH]19971[/ATTACH]

Also they just finished more fencing haven't got the numbers yet but it's at least another 2 K or more.

post-658-137772453895_thumb.jpg

John T,

You are right about Clark and his shirts. If we are going to buy shirts, why not from a hard working guy from our industry! With your experience with stripping wood in Long Island, the results with our Amber Stain should be nothing short of stunning! I look forward to your photos.

Many thanks John,

Jake

Congratulations porta John Tornupbadknee! I have to see about those shirt!

My good knee has just been confirmed as now my worse off knee. Doc says I have a humungous tear in the meniscus which she said was a grade 4. Didnt even know there was that grade.. So far cortisone shot worked great but I'm pretty much screwed-- to many years of abuse. What happens when you loved doing something to long..

Those shirts are excellent and very light. Great against stains and perfect for when this cold weather changes here soon.