Sign in to follow this  
John T

Lowballer Rig spotted in Vegas.

Question

They say "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"... Yea right. Everyone talks about what they did in Vegas to someone somewhere.

Speaking of Vegas here is what looks like a "Cop want a be" Lowballer setup. Why else trailer around a rig with a car like that which looks to be quite a few years old. They probably don't even have business insurance so they take this rig around town.

These are the type of people that bring this Industry Down down down. You show up in your professional set-up and this is what you see down the road from you. No wonder why some people think any "Home Depot Joe" can powerwash.

For me personally my local Powerwashers don't hurt my business. Some of us Network with each other when we can.

What hurts my business is Low balling hacks with set-ups like this who probably charge 1-2 cents a square for commercial work. I could lose out on a potential job to a low balling hack like this but guess what??? When they show up with a rig set-up like this I'll eventually get the call to come back.

Edited by John T

56 answers to this question

SMH.....This is Twilight zone stuff John...I think Beth was trying real hard not to have these types of threads because most people will know who's car this is..

This just puts a target on her BBS for all the drama and yes it's drama to see who can talk bad about people. I know you have to be running out of thread ideas right?

I think more work threads and less like these threads is what Beth is trying to have on TGS.

I'm not pulling this thread yet but I can almost guarantee this thread will be trouble!

This is not the BASHING GRIME SCENE....just let it go

Ok Shane. There is Zero love lost on why I posted and what these few are doing is an embarrassment to the hard working guys in this Industry.

I am not mentioning names even though many others are getting clocked by these very few people.

If these guys want to preach something to the newbies maybe they should practice what they preach and also leave the good people out such as the owners of this site..

As you can see I do not play up to the politics so people can hoodwink others. I generally leave these people and let them sink or swim on there own merits..... But if these people are attacking good people for their own self gain it Was reasons like this I became a union president back a few yrs ago to knock this people straight back down to earth.. This is subtle because most don't know who they are and there lucky I don't name them.

I think I give TGS what I can.. But it's not in me to act like these people aren't doing what there doing to hurt others and with that there going to in a very subtle way until they stop attacking good people, will continuously get zero respect from people who care about others.

Personally I do not think this thread is bad at all. It's a learning thread for the newbies and seasoned vets to see what's out there.. and this is a classic example of what a lowballing hack look like. No different then a guy driving around with a wood paneled station wagon to do jobs... But at least those people aren't professing to be Industry leaders...

Edited by John T

General Rules

1. Users shall treat each other with respect at all times on The Grime Scene. Name calling, personal attacks, or other inappropriate behavior will not be allowed and may cause your account to be banned.

I'm just saying personal attacks on people is on the top of the list of forum rules. I know they are not members anymore but that shouldn't matter. I'm only here as a mod for TGS to help Beth keep the TGS as professional like she wants it. I know all the bad blood that's been going on but Beth does not want it dragged out in the public forum.

I'm neutral to all this and i'm only looking out for the TGS and all this does is cause Beth more headaches from the members who come to the TGS to want to learn about cleaning grime.If you are trying to "warn" guys about whatever i think there is enough info that they can make there own judgement.

This stuff should be on TMZ for pressure washers..

Shane,

Kudos to you, helping keep TGS beyond the fray of personal/professional blow ups and spats. Moderators on this site should be valued for their help and guidance.

God bless woodies.

Hey Shane look here.. This rig shows up if you put in the comedian Jeff Foxworthy punchline It's a redneck if

http://www.google.com/search?q=redneck+Power+Washing+rig&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=pfVtUdWNJOus0AG6nIDIDg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=690

Put that link to images and look around 5-6 pictures down.

Where's the personal attack posting a rig like that?

Well most know where threads like this will end up going and nothing positive will come out of it for the TGS and it's members.

Now i'm going watch Deadliest catch new season starts tonight....

I've said about all I can say about this ....now for some crab fishing drama!

Well most know where threads like this will end up going and nothing positive will come out of it for the TGS and it's members.

Now i'm going watch Deadliest catch new season starts tonight....

I've said about all I can say about this ....now for some crab fishing drama!

Lol.. Enjoy:)

Shane,

Kudos to you, helping keep TGS beyond the fray of personal/professional blow ups and spats. Moderators on this site should be valued for their help and guidance.

God bless woodies.

Thanks Rick I try to look after the best BBS with the most info there is about cleaning there is online.

p/S Rick i'm about to start working on 3700 lft of fence 6 1/2 tall 2 sides with top cap.yes over 50,000 sqft !!

... p/S Rick i'm about to start working on 3700 lft of fence 6 1/2 tall 2 sides with top cap.yes over 50,000 sqft !!

Shane,

Yikes! That is a lot of wood. How do you clean/stain something that large, tanker truck with a fire hose?

I hope you get some calm days in Houston, I know it can get a bit windy.

Shane,

Yikes! That is a lot of wood. How do you clean/stain something that large, tanker truck with a fire hose?

I hope you get some calm days in Houston, I know it can get a bit windy.

Well it's all new fencing for a developer of the community I work in. I'm only staining no cleaning needed even tho I would rather clean it to allow more oil to soak in the wood to get better life on the stain.

The wind hopefully won't be to bad but i only have to protect some stone since there are houses real close to the fence yet.

I'm looking at using 350 gallons or so for all of it!

Ya know that's not that bad of a rig if it is a low baller rig. To me a low baller rig is on aisle 33 at my local home depot.

Yeah I got pictures a lot worse than that I could post if I was on my puter.

Pat Norman 663-316-7685

Ya know that's not that bad of a rig if it is a low baller rig. To me a low baller rig is on aisle 33 at my local home depot.

Your right Kris. Most people reading this post know it has nothing to do with the rig in the pic. Just some more of the same pot stirring John has been doing quite a bit of lately. Just wish he realized that these posts only hurt any credibility he might have with the audience he is supposedly trying to reach and save from these men. I think most pros are more concerned with the quality of work and proper pricing of their competition than the kind of rig they have.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I agree Trae. To be honest I posted quickly just reading the first post by John T. After I read it and saw a similar thread in The *** I realized what this thread is about.

John, I know that these individuals have wronged you and (in your opinion) wronged this industry, but the war has got to end with one of you. I have to agree with Trae, this particular posts really does hurt your credibility. Please don't get me wrong you're an awesome guy, but you just need to pick your battles a little better.

"Do not worry about those who wish harm on you, but give yourself to those that love you."

My Credibility has never been on the net. It's the things I do with these good honest hard working contractors on the outside as far as this Industry is concerned is where my passions are. I've never been and Internet cowboy because I always back up what I say and people who know me.... Know that. In the big picture of things that's what counts.

Hey Kris on a more real thing.. You missed a fun time at the Vegas Event Bro.. That's probably at least the 30th Contractor event I've gone to. Some I helped out with like this one but most I go because I enjoy and support The Contractors in this Industry... That's real.. Hope to meet ya one day somewhere down the road at.... Another Event:)

Yep, ******************** car and rig. He hooked it to his car because his truck was too tall to fit where he needed it to go. Incidentally, for a low baller he did well. It was a $1000 job that took two hours. It is all in the original thread on the other forum.

Edited by Beth n Rod

Honestly.....who really cares.

Last year I connected my son's golf cart to a trailer and moved it.

One time I duct tapped a paint roller to a rake.

I blew a whole downspout off the side of a house trying to clear a blockage.

Glad nobody had a camera.....

In our area the amateurs go to Prince$s Auto and get electric units.

John you are sounding like a prima Donna with a hair across your ass who cares what kind of rig this guy has ?worry about YOUR business ,not every sub par rig out there , most of us started our business with a lot less than that rig .( I had a SW portable 3500 ) Just because a guy doesn't go to all the round tables , or have the best rig on the street doesn't make him a low baller .not knowing all the facts on someone ( or there rig ) and spouting off about it is a little pre mature on your end . Yes you have been a great help on all the boards and at functions ( round tables ) but its time to take a step back and reflect and remember when you were a newbie . Maybe it will humble you .:)

Hey Zap-- no I never forgot what it's like to be a newbie. I owe alot to people I met in this Industry. The rig setup I showed here was from a guy who was the first one to make fun of guys working out of their family vans when they started out.. There's to much history to delve into this but that person is getting what he gives which is Zero respect from many..

Also the one thing I never was, was a lowballing hack... I think you know what I'm talking about. We were all newbies but I'm sure we took pride in our work we did for others as most people I know has done and still do today. Hackers we weren't then or today.

I also do reflect back and I am still very thankful today to the many who helped me along here such as not only Beth/Rod with wood restoration, but from some of the very first Mods and members on TGS such As David Olson (since passed away),Michael Hinderliter, Michael Hughes(working for a much larger company today in a different field), Tony Szabo just to name a few. These people never got there heads to big no matter how successful they were and they also stayed honest to the core and always helpful to myself and many others. Another words they weren't users. I realize how lucky I was to meet these people and many others.. So no I never forget..