Sign in to follow this  
Cyclone

Done with Godaddy....

Question

A few years ago I tried a Godaddy hosting account.....2 hours later I asked for a refund. Their admin panel is horrible...beyond horrible.

I used to use them for domains.....but a support supervisor laughed at me one day on the phone and wouldn't tell me his name....I moved all my domains.

Fast forward to today....90% of all the problems we have with customers of our web design is a result of Godaddy. I can install wordpress manually in about 8 minuets, faster yet with a script installer. Migrating a WP install is about the same....5-10 minutes. This latest nightmare has me and another employee at over 4 man hours + about 1 hour on the phone with GD support.....and it's still not running. Last Feb I spent about 10 hours trying to get email for a client to work.....GD's response was it was our settings....I showed the customer the same exact settings working on dozens of sites across two different servers.....

Even when they screw up, they never admit it.....I've had them tell me to "try it now" and suddenly everything is fine but when I ask what they did, the standard answer is "nothing".

I'm done with Godaddy.....I won't work on a Godaddy server ever again after today.

Godaddy is the Thompsons Water Seal of Hosting.....bigger doesn't equal better.

5 answers to this question

Godaddy is the Thompsons Water Seal of Hosting.....bigger doesn't equal better.

Now that's funny!

Go Daddy sounds a lot like behr stains also they offer lots of promises but fall way short!

I like them. I've had no problems. Cheap too.

You don't have a hosting account....you have a site-builder account. The difference is like having a 20hp Hydro-Tek and a 120 volt Karcher.

I have 115 domains and several hosting accounts. Never an issue here. Their customer service dept has even walked me through "web projects" where they really had no obligation too but did so anyway. Just my take....

I have 115 domains and several hosting accounts. Never an issue here. Their customer service dept has even walked me through "web projects" where they really had no obligation too but did so anyway. Just my take....

I'm sure there are plenty of people that have never had an issue....most of those probably don't have anywhere near the control panel mileage I log.

Just the time to make a server tweak on Godaddy is double that of Cpanel. I'm in, done and out of Cpanel before I can navigate to the right Godaddy admin page. I can change a MX entry on hover.com before I can even get to the dns page on Godaddy. Godaddy will time out on any time consuming work....forcing multiple logons to finish. Hosting Admin cannot log into the database without another login....time consuming, the site owner should have access to phpmyadmin automatically.