Sign in to follow this  
RSuds

Time to make the donuts

Question

16 answers to this question

How busy are you? With a bad march it will now be the busiest May ever. I am going to buy another flatbed truck. Load it up with 2-10 gal. Machines and a 5. Also a 10gal. Utor chlorine pump and it will kick A. If you are 2 weeks out or more for the next 2 months then load up and get some work done. This could be the best may ever.

It's not even funny how busy I am with 3500 lft 2 sides of fence to stain next week. I just got a call for a 1K of fence to stain and tell he me has 6 K for me to stain soon! That's not including some homeowner fences to stain plus decks that are waiting. Note: fence companies are great to work for all new fences and long fences too!

I need some good help to hire i'm not going to make it thru the summer!

What I am saying is that if you are booked out more than a week and tell people I can not get to you for 3-4 weeks you are losing money.

Brian,

Great advice. This is the reason we have continued to expand every year with another truck, trailer and/ or more equipment. Most people we deal with on the residential side are amazed we can get them scheduled within, at most, a two week time frame. Our competitors cannot offer them that option therefore resulting in more clientale.

What I am saying is that if you are booked out more than a week and tell people I can not get to you for 3-4 weeks you are losing money.

That's great advice

Been a strange year already. We're booking into July almost already and people are still signing without an issue. Our March was crap though and April has been almost entirely rain so people "understand" I guess. Looking for another truck currently as well.

Edited by Greg R

Been a strange year already. We're booking into July almost already and people are still signing without an issue. Are March was crap though and April has been almost entirely rain so people "understand" I guess. Looking for another truck currently as well.

Here too Greg. Have a great year!!!

Beth

Hey Brian I remeber reading a thread by you about paying your guys a percentage or something to make them more motivated, or you doing that or something similar????

thanks

dave

Doing it with my sales guy. He has worked in the field for 12-13 years and knows everything. He is doing most of my residential sales and is doing well. He Made over 2,700 in the last 2 weeks.