Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Bandarovich

Troubleshooting/bypassing thermostat.

How do I bypass thermostat? I opened control box and there are 2 wires going to the top of the dial and probe from the bottom to the coil outlet.

take the two wires that go to the thermostat and put them together. This will run contiual current and bypass the thermostat. I would not suggest running this way with hot water too long because it will continue to create heat and ignite the fuel that will continually run in the burner. Its meant as a diagnostic tool to see if that is the thing in sequence that needs to be replaced.

Thank you Michael.

Do you fix your equipment yourself? Any good shops in NJ or Philadelphia you know of?

Andrew I know you have been around for a while but TGS now needs a signature in your profile.

Thanks

Andrew I know you have been around for a while but TGS now needs a signature in your profile.

Thanks

Did Adrian retire and give you that job?

Did Adrian retire and give you that job?

Nope I took over John's Super mod position and i'm just being fair to all the new members who have to add a signature.

It's the forum rules for all members not just new members so everyone should follow TGS rules.

This is actually not the first time people tell me about signature but on my screen it shows I have signature, right on the bottom there with phone number and all.

Yes I see that Andrew i'm not sure why it shows up in your profile and not in your signature?

It could be from the last server switch or something?

You could try to delete it and try adding it again and see if that works.

Thanks

Thank you Michael.

Do you fix your equipment yourself? Any good shops in NJ or Philadelphia you know of?

I try to fix anything that breaks myself. There is one guy in NJ that is mobile out of Hackettstown, meaning he will come to you, and he is about the only guy I use. Most of the time, I can figure it out myself or with a phone call or two.

The new shop makes working on equipment alot easier that doing it in a truck, trailer or my own garage.

I try to fix anything that breaks myself. There is one guy in NJ that is mobile out of Hackettstown, meaning he will come to you, and he is about the only guy I use. Most of the time, I can figure it out myself or with a phone call or two.

The new shop makes working on equipment alot easier that doing it in a truck, trailer or my own garage.

Hackettstown? Hackettstown Hotsy?

i try myself and if I fail I go to Hotsy in toms river.

Send me please info on the mobile guy.

Hackettstown? Hackettstown Hotsy?

i try myself and if I fail I go to Hotsy in toms river.

Send me please info on the mobile guy.

No, not the Hotsy dealer. I will send you a PM with his info.....

What is his mileage charge? http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl Does he charge for trips back to his shop to get parts?

What is his mileage charge? http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl Does he charge for trips back to his shop to get parts?

I am pretty certain that he does not service Oregon. The truck is stocked with most components needed to solve most issues so to date, he has never had to leave on me to fix something. Maybe I have been lucky...... I don't know his service area, all I know is that he services my service area.

My thought was that 250 thermostat would allow it to maybe go from 190-195 to 200-205. I actually prefer to not have thermostat at all. We don't use them. We clean grease so we always use hot water and always have it at max - the hotter the better. I've had a skid before that just had Burner On/Off switch.

My thought was that 250 thermostat would allow it to maybe go from 190-195 to 200-205. I actually prefer to not have thermostat at all. We don't use them. We clean grease so we always use hot water and always have it at max - the hotter the better. I've had a skid before that just had Burner On/Off switch.

I've gone both ways with this, I've just started using a temperature controller again on some of my machines, more as a high limit cut off than being able to adjust the temperature.

I've adjusted my burners by using the proper sized nozzle to limit the max water temperature to about 170-180 at full water flow/burner constantly on. That way when the flow switch gets stuck (always in the on position) as long as they keep spraying they can finish the job. Not ideal, but it has worked in a pinch.

My latest project uses a digital PID temperature control unit. So far this has worked really well, but I've only had it in the field for about 6 months. It even has an adjustable alarm output, so you can hook up a horn strobe to it to notify of an overheat scenario before steam hits the gun.

The controller has a digital temperature readout that shows current water temp as well as the target water temp. It can switch both solenoid relays and solid state relays, but I was not able to make the SSR's work properly, I had too much voltage drop across them. (possibly due to inferior relays, I bought inexpensive to testy my theory)

One more thing I have done with all my burners is wired in a manual ON switch that automatically bypasses the flow switch and thermostat (if equipped). That way it is easier to test for a problem with the burner without having to run the machine and have water hooked up.

The thermostat is there for a reason. Why do you want/need to bypass it. Ring the mob that made the unit, get them to give you the ok to by pass it. Chance's are they wont.