Sign in to follow this  
USApowerwash

sikkens problem

Question

i have a deck im working on that has sikkens or something like it on it now and the guy doesnt want to strip it. He wants just to clean and Stain over it. First will that even work with that clear coat looking finish? and second what stain if any would you suggest using on this nightmare. I generally use Ready seal or TWP but i know those will not work very well with this one.

4 answers to this question

i have a deck im working on that has sikkens or something like it on it now and the guy doesnt want to strip it. He wants just to clean and Stain over it. First will that even work with that clear coat looking finish? and second what stain if any would you suggest using on this nightmare. I generally use Ready seal or TWP but i know those will not work very well with this one.

Welcome to the TGS USApowerwash...Please add your signature to your profile forum rules.

Do you know for sure it's Sikkens?

Well if it has Sikkens and he doesn't want to strip it then just use Sikkens on it again. I've never worked with Sikkens but someone will chime in on the cleaning and recoating of SK.

How long have you been working restoring wood?

Do you have any pics that would help?

Need pics to see what the "nightmare" looks like.

Prep it, then stick with the same product......

or

Strip it and do it how you know how to do it, with the products you have worked with before.

otherwise if you just don't "feel it" for the project, then post number 3 is for you.

Welcome to TGS, please add your signature line so we know who we are talking to.