Sign in to follow this  
rick77

Where to Buy Leg Tank Bands (Straps)

Question

I need bands for a 225 gallon leg tank. All the sites I've visited online want $100.00 to 150.00 for shipping alone. That's way more than the straps cost.

Who sells the bands for a reasonable price as well as reasonable shipping cost?

Thanks!

12 answers to this question

I will send you a diagram on email and try to explain it the best I can. Maybe it will work for you.

E. Attack, please do send a diagram of how to make the tank bands. I made some before (for a 35 gallon leg tank) by using a pipe bender to bend conduit pipe into the round shape of the tank. But I actually never used them on my 35 gallon tank. Just used motor cycle straps. On my new 225 gallon leg tank I want the metal bands whether store bought or home made.

My email is richard@nctv.com

Thanks!

R.C.

Crate and ship.

25.00-30.00 they will metal strap it to your trailer with a banding machine and attach kleating to it.

Worth a shot. I've done it before on a small trailer and it didn't budge for yrs.

You can buy them at any plastic tank manufacture or dealer that sells them. They go for about $50 if I am remembering correctly.

Because of the chemicals and the fact that our rigs are in the sun day in and day out, we do not use the fabric Nylon straps, though many contractors do use them and have good results. For us, we have experienced that these nylon straps from Home Depot will eventually decay and you may not notice it until they break. Since our water tanks are over 350 gallons, we tend to think of the possibilities that would present if a mishap was to happen while driving down the freeway or a sudden stop.

Go to this website:

http://www.tank-depot.com/productdetails.aspx?part=N-63546

you will find your straps there.

You can buy them at any plastic tank manufacture or dealer that sells them. They go for about $50 if I am remembering correctly.

Because of the chemicals and the fact that our rigs are in the sun day in and day out, we do not use the fabric Nylon straps, though many contractors do use them and have good results. For us, we have experienced that these nylon straps from Home Depot will eventually decay and you may not notice it until they break. Since our water tanks are over 350 gallons, we tend to think of the possibilities that would present if a mishap was to happen while driving down the freeway or a sudden stop.

Go to this website:

http://www.tank-depot.com/productdetails.aspx?part=N-63546

you will find your straps there.

Tank Depot wants $179.55 for shipping those metal bands that weigh 25 lbs. I can't find an online source for tank bands that has reasonably priced shipping. I don't mind paying for shipping, but $180.00 to ship a 25 lb item? That's just not reasonable to me. I'll probably just make my own tank bands out of conduit and save a couple of hundred bucks or more.

But I do appreciate your input Jim. Thanks!

Tank Depot wants $179.55 for shipping those metal bands that weigh 25 lbs. I can't find an online source for tank bands that has reasonably priced shipping. I don't mind paying for shipping, but $180.00 to ship a 25 lb item? That's just not reasonable to me. I'll probably just make my own tank bands out of conduit and save a couple of hundred bucks or more.

But I do appreciate your input Jim. Thanks!

Ya I know,

There shipping is pretty high I agree. I just wanted to give you an Idea of where to look. Lets face it, Wal mart is not the place for these.