Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

PWNA 2013 Convention

[h=1]2013 PWNA convention/fall technical seminar – orlando, fl[/h] [h=2]Embassy Suites Orlando - Lake Buena Vista South[/h] The 2013 PWNA Convention will take place from October 17th through the 19th in Orlando Florida.

Keep an eye on this page for updates regarding the 2013 PWNA annual convention!

The PWNA Convention will be held at the Embassy Suites Orlando – Lake Buena Vista South.

Reservations can be made at: TBA

Updated PWNA Concention info:

$75 early bird special ends today

PWNA Annual Convention - Oct. 17-19 in Orlando, FL

Today is the deadline to receive the $75 early bird special on your 2013 PWNA Annual Convention & Trade Show registration. This year's event is truly one you do not want to miss. Not only do we have a new line up of courses such as Fall Protection, Window Cleaning with Pure Water, Water Remediation, 9 Tips to help Manage the growth of your Business, and Softwash, but we also have traditional favorites such as Power Washing 101 and our Certifications courses: Wood Restoration, House Washing, Roof Cleaning, Fleet Washing, Environmental, and the Seal'N Lock Authorized Technician/PWNA Flatwork certification. Another favorite back on this year's schedule is the Taking your Business into the Millions panel discussion. Courses are not the only thing new that our attendees will be able to participate in.

We will be offering a mentoring program which offers a new prize that any attendee (new or a veteran) would dream of winning: a two day, all-expense paid trip to train and be mentored by industry leader, Paul Horsley. We will also have a team building exercise that will help attendees build long lasting networking connections as well as teach team building skills that you'll be able to implement into your businesses immediately. The winning team (team will be announced after the show) will win free admission to next year's convention.

Lastly on the topic of new, we have quite a few new vendors that will be displaying this year on top of many vendors from previous shows. You will have the chance to meet vendors face-to-face and learn about the latest products and equipment. You will also have the opportunity to see some of the equipment at the outdoor demonstrations. *

To date, this year's sponsors include:

Armstrong Clark

Hydro Tek - Cleaning Equipment Mfg.

Alkota Cleaning Systems

J. Racenstein Company

Steel Eagle

Powerwash.com

EDI Distributors

Knight Enterprises

Joseph D. Walters Agency, Inc.

Timber Ox Products

Pressure Wash Outlet

Give us just three days of your time and we will teach you many systems you can use to build a successful Power Washing business. Don't wait any longer!* Contact PWNA Headquarters today or go to http://www.pwna.org/annualconvention2013.php to find a full list of classes as well as registration forms

There's an article on it in the new eClean Magazine that came out earlier this week. I've been to many PWNA events over the years, and this one sounds like it's kind of returning to the good old days (1990s) that were really focused on providing a variety of educational opportunities that will go into the evenings. I remember going to a meeting in Dallas back around 1996 and was kind of shocked to see how many contractors -- probably 150 or so -- were participating in round tables a 8:00 p.m. This one is going to be somewhat along those lines. Several new vendors have signed up (more than are on the list above, but I don't know if they're official yet.) The socials (which include free drinks) will be in the meeting rooms, rather than the hotel restaurant like they were last year, and the after social socials (i.e., going out on the town) are supposed to be organized so that everyone can participate. I was very excited about the event after interviewing Jackie and others for the article. (And yes, eClean will be there.) Also, there is a $50 discount off registration if you register this month.

Abstrakt I working on getting our vendor registration in today. We are looking forward to it as it will be our first power washing show, and we look forward to the educational opportunities on both sides and to meet many of the folks in the industry! 

The PWNA Convention was a success with over 150 signed up attendees from what I heard. There has been nothing but positive news coming out about this Convention which is always a good thing. One of the more amazing stories that happened there is about how a contractor for the first time in this Industry's history at any of these events had the extraordinarily great luck of receiving 2 free hot water skids. http://community.thegrimescene.com/topic/23745-2013-pwna-convention-history-was-made-read-below/

Now the PWNA has a job to do which is to try and top this yrs Convention which is going to take a strong commitment from their BOD's and committee personal to succeed in doing that with the guess being-- they will.

Can't wait to read about what's in store for the 2014 PWNA Convention :)

Edited by John T

Dan and Heather Galvin were kind enough to share their HUNDREDS of photos from the PWNA Convention. I have posted some on our site, and I will add more. (It's just taking awhile.) Please check them out: http://www.ecleanmag.com/2013-pwna-c...os-2013-11-07/

Looks like the PWNA Convention was a big time success. It sounds like there's alot of excitement for next years event as well.

As for Dan Galvin, I remember meeting him at an ACR Roundtable. He was a new PWNA member when I served on their board and you just knew Dan was special. He ended up becoming an excellent PWNA president who's business paralleled his PWNA successes.

Sign in to follow this